This article will show how to setup HostelGalaxy to connect with myallocator.
Pre-Requisite: If you do not have an account yet with HostelGalaxy, click here for instructions.
Please follow the instructions in the PDF file below to list/setup your property on HostelGalaxy.com
When your property is setup with HostelGalaxy, you are ready to proceed with the instructions below.
1. Identify your HostelGalaxy Property ID
- Login to your HostelGalaxy account at https://www.hostelgalaxy.com/Account/Login
- Locate your Property ID
- Note: Each property ID is a completely unique 32 bit hexadecimal guid so it would be impossible for one property to enter another property's ID.
Step 1: Connect the channel and map your rooms in myallocator
Once you have received our confirmation email, proceed with the steps below.
I. Log into myallocator by Cloudbeds
II. Click on Manage and then Channels
III. Click "Add Channel"
IV. Select HostelGalaxy
V. Enter your HostelGalaxy Property ID (from the step above) and click Next
VI. Map your rooms together
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
VII. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
More information can be found here: Setting Base Rate Adjustments
- Note: If you need assistance in determining the values to enter for Net rates versus Sell rates for Tax purposes, please see this article: How should I handle taxes in myallocator?
VIII. Choose the HostelGalaxy Channel-Specific Options
- Choose the Currency
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
- If you need more information about Currency Conversion, click here: How do I manage different Currencies?
IX. Channel Setup is Complete
Step 2: On your channel summary page you’ll be able to see that setup for the channel has been completed successfully.
Step 3: Save Changes and Refresh your Myallocator Account
Note: This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.
- Click to go to the "Availability" screen
- Click Save
- Select "Save to myallocator and all channels"
- Click Send to push the rates and availability you set in Step 2 to your newly connected channel.