Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals has combined several popular Vacation Rental sites into a single management interface. By setting up your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals property account, you will be able to market your property to each of the portals listed below.
1. Highly recommended: read our article to understand how Vacation Rental (calendar channels) work with myallocator
Before you setup Tripadivsor Vacation Rentals, be sure to have read our in-depth article that discusses how calendar channels work. This article discusses important issues such as dealing with cancellations, dorm rooms, and many other important topics. Working with Calendar Channels (Vacation Rental Sites) - Everything you need to know
2. Setup your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals property account
Before you can connect with myallocator, you must first setup your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals property account. If you haven't already done so, please setup your account here: https://rentals.tripadvisor.com/register
3. Login to your Tripadivsor Vacation Rentals account
4. Access your Calendar and click Manage Calendars
5. Import a Calendar
6. Open a new browser page and Login to myallocator
7. Click Channels
8. Add Channel
9. Click TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals
- Double-click into the link so that it's highlighted
- Click CTRL + C together to copy the URL to your computer's clipboard
12. Go back to the Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals page
13. Paste the myallocator URL
- Click inside the "Other calendar address/URL" field
- Press CTRL + V together to paste the URL from step 10 into this field
- Give the Calendar a name, such as "myallocator Standard Queen"
- Save Changes
14. Obtain your Tripadvisor export calendar URL for the first listing
- Click Calendar
- Manage calendars
- Export this calendar
- Copy link to clipboard
15. Go back to your myallocator account
16. Paste the URL that you just copied into the Exported calendar URL in myallocator
17. Repeat steps 3 through 15 for all of your listings/rooms
18. Click Next in myallocator
19. Done with Setup!
Did you know? Calendar channels that use ical integrations do not transmit cancellations to myallocator. You have to adjust for any Tripadvisor vacation rental cancellations manually.
Selling Dorm/beds rooms is not recommended.
Calendar-based channels do not provide us with the number of customers that booked, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more! It's safest to not update/sell dorm rooms on Tripadvisor vacation rentals.