This article will walk you through the entire process of mapping your myallocator rooms to your Hipcamp rooms (and vice versa). Once you have completed all of the steps below, Myallocator will update Hipcamp with your availability, and myallocator will download your Hipcamp bookings into your Bookings page of myallocator.
Before you get started
Before you begin, we highly recommend that you read this entire article to understand how Calendar Channels (like Hipcamp) work with myallocator:
1. Login to www.hipcamp.com
2. Click on Dashboard - View Calendar
3. Choose your first listing and select the Gear Icon
4. Click Import a calendar
6. Go to the Hipcamp setup in myallocator:
7. Click to enable
8. Find the room associated with that Listing, and copy the URL
9. Paste the myallocator URL into your Hipcamp Calendar Address (URL) field
10. Obtain your Hipcamp export calendar URL:
- Click the Gear Icon again
- Click Export calendar
- Highlight the URL under "All sites on this listing" and press CTRL+C to copy it to your computer's clipboard
- Click Done.
Warning: Be sure to select the "Site 1 only" URL for each listing
11. Paste the Hipcamp URL into the Exported calendar url in myallocator:
12. Repeat steps 3 through 11 for ALL of your Hipcamp listings
13. Click Next in myallocator
14. Done with Setup!
16. Calendar Channel reminders
As a reminder, Hipcampt only supports the following:
- Availability updates
- Booking Downloads
- Automatic Adjustments
Calendar channels (including Hipcamp) do not support rates. You must enter rates directly into your hipcampt.com extranet.
Hipcamp also does not support sending cancellations to a channel manager. If you receive a Hipcamp cancellation, you must cancel the booking manually in myallocator (as well as your PMS, if you are connected with a PMS).
Please take the following considerations in mind when working with a calendar channel such as Airbnb:
Selling Dorm beds/rooms on Hipcamp is not recommended
- Calendar-based channels do not provide us with the number of customers that booked, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more! It's safest to not update/sell dorm rooms on Airbnb.
Only one unit can be sold per room type each night
- As soon as a booking is made for a particular room type, that booking will block the room type from being available to anybody else on Hipcamp. Creating multiple listings for each room is no solution, because you cannot assign multiple channel listings to a single channel manager room. At best, you can sell one unit of each room type per night on Hipcamp.