This article explains how to open your availability on Booking.com once the your property is already connected to this channel.
Learn more about Booking.com here.
When connecting your property to Booking.com, your room availability should be already opened for sale (either for the present or future dates) and updated accordingly, because once the channel is connected, it is not possible to open hard-closed rooms.
What is a Hard Closure on Booking.com?
Hard Closure refers to availability blocks on the Booking.com calendar, even when myallocator is sending availability and prices for these specific dates.
These are not blocks/rules sent from myallocator, but availability blocks already made in the Booking.com platform:
Closed (Hard Closure) vs Multiple Blockers
- The Closed status is a hard closure made by Booking.com. It is not possible to remove this type of closure from the myallocator side, meaning that it needs to be removed directly from the Booking.com extranet by following the steps below.
- Multiple blockers are the availability blocks sent from myallocator to Booking.com, and these are automatically updated when sending availability to the channel.
Hard Closure Troubleshooting
- Once your property is disconnected from Booking.com, access the channel extranet, go to Rates & Availability and select the Open/close Rooms option
- Specify the dates to apply changes to
- Select the corresponding rooms and rate plans
- Select to open rooms
- Save your changes
Once the closures have been removed, reestablish the connection making the mapping again, confirming the XML connection and sending a full refresh to have the channel fully updated, without any hard closures.
Follow the steps in this guide: How to connect Booking.com to myallocator
All reservations confirmed while the property is disconnected from the channel manager, would need to be manually added to myallocator to avoid overbookings.