Myallocator stores credit card details for the following channels:
- Hostelworld (as of Dec 13,2018)*
- Ctrip (if enabled on your account in the Ctrip extranet)
- TripAdvisor Instant Booking
- ODIGEO Connect
*For PCI compliance, Hostelworld does not store CVV codes
In order to remain compliant with PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), we must enforce stricter password requirements when allowing the retrieval and viewing of customer credit card data. For these reasons, you must establish a separate password in order to access the credit card information from your bookings.
1. Click Manage
2. Go to 'Credit Card Password' page
3. Enter new password
4. Confirm new password (enter it again)
5. Click 'UPDATE'
Requirements: The password must either be at least 25 characters in length OR be at least 8 characters and at contain at least 1 number (digit), at least letter (a-z), and at least 1 special character: ! @ # $ % ^& ; .
Due to security reasons, the password can now only be reset if the email address has not been changed in the last 72 hours (3 days). Otherwise, you will need to wait for 3 days after changing the email address to reset credit card password.
1. Go to Manage tab
2. Open 'Credit Card Password' page
3. Scroll down to 'Reset Password' section
4. Check the box 'I confirm that I would like to reset my credit card password'
5. Click on 'Reset Now'
6. Check the email of your registered myallocator user. You will see the message called 'Credit card password reset has been requested'. Open it and click the button 'PROCEED WITH CREDIT CARD PASSWORD RESET' which will redirect you back to myallocator.
Once you request the password reset, the link will be valid for 30 minutes. After this period, you must request it again.
7. In Myallocator enter the new password
8. Confirm new password
9. Click on 'SET NEW PASSWORD'
Once set, you will see the following message in myallocator if the password has been reset correctly:
- Click Bookings at the top of myallocator
- Find the booking you want to view
- Click Show Credit Card Data
- Enter your Credit Card password
- Click Show
Remember - myallocator only stores credit card details for the channels mentioned on the background section above.
Depending on the situation, there are several possibilities as to why the credit card details are missing. Some of the most common reasons are below:
- If the booking was created before the channel was setup with myallocator, the credit card details will not be displayed, since they were delivered in a different way to you (email, fax).
- The departure date of the booking is more than 14 days ago, in which case the credit card details will have been deleted by us - Note that Booking.com also deletes these details after 14 days.
- The booking might be a modification for a booking for which we don't have the original version, in which case the original details were transmitted in a different way (email, fax).
Missing CVV on certain Expedia bookings
The CVV will not be included on EQC booking XMLs by design.
Expedia assigns 1 booking to 1 virtual card and the virtual card corresponds to the details of that booking. Each reservation will have a different card number assigned to be charged. So each CVV is unique to the virtual card issued.
SOLUTION: Access the Expedia's extranet and manually retrieve the CVV from the Payment Information section of the reservation
Booking.com Specific Issues
- Booking.com only transmits credit card details to myallocator once. If we fail to save them we have no way of getting them again, so if we had temporary problems with the database connection we might not have picked them up. The hotel will have to contact Booking.com customer service and explain that we don't have credit card details due to a technical issue. The technical team at Booking.com said that customers can request credit card details to be transmitted to them by fax. Booking.com will not re-transmit them to us.
- The account may be set to not take Credit Card Details for customers that booked in the same country as the property is located. This must be changed by the Booking.com account manager, and the screen looks like this:
3. If the credit card numbers are present, but the CVV details are missing, the Booking.com account may be set to not take CVV at all. This is what it looks like for the Booking.com account manager in their system and it must be changed by them: