Myallocator stores credit card details for the following channels:
- Hostelworld (as of Dec 13,2018)*
- Ctrip (if enabled on your account in the Ctrip extranet)
- TripAdvisor Instant Booking
- ODIGEO Connect
*For PCI compliance, Hostelworld does not store CVV codes.
In order to remain compliant with PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), we must enforce stricter password requirements when allowing the retrieval and viewing of customer credit card data. For these reasons, you must establish a separate password in order to access the credit card information from your bookings.
- Click Manage
- Go to Credit Card Password page
- Enter New Password
- Confirm new password (enter it again)
- Click UPDATE
The password must either be at least 25 characters in length OR be at least 8 characters and at contain at least 1 number (digit), at least letter (a-z), and at least 1 special character: ! @ # $ % ^& ; .
Due to security reasons, the password can now only be reset if the email address has not been changed in the last 72 hours (3 days). Otherwise, you will need to wait for 3 days after changing the email address to reset credit card password.
- Go to Manage tab
- Open Credit Card Password page
- Scroll down to Reset Password section
- Check the box I confirm that I would like to reset my credit card password
- Click Reset Now
- Check the email of your registered myallocator user. You will see an email with subject Credit card password reset has been requested. Open it and click the button PROCEED WITH CREDIT CARD PASSWORD RESET which will redirect you back to myallocator.
Once you request the password reset, the link will be valid for 30 minutes. After this period, you must request it again.
- On Myallocator enter the New Password
- Confirm new password
- Click SET NEW PASSWORD
Once set, you will see the following message on myallocator if the password has been reset correctly:
- Click Bookings
- Find the booking you want to view
- Click Show Credit Card Data
- Enter your Credit Card password
- Click Show
Remember, myallocator only stores credit card details for the channels mentioned above.
Depending on the situation, there are several possibilities as to why the credit card details are missing. The most common reasons are below:
- If the booking was created before the channel was setup with myallocator, the credit card details will not be displayed, since they were delivered in a different way to you (email, fax).
- The departure date of the booking is more than 14 days ago, in which case the credit card details will have been deleted by us for security reasons. Note that Booking.com also deletes these details after 14 days.
- The booking might be a modification for a booking for which we don't have the original version, in which case the original details were transmitted in a different way (email, fax).
The CVV will not be included on EQC booking XMLs by design.
Expedia assigns 1 booking to 1 virtual card and the virtual card corresponds to the details of that booking. Each reservation will have a different card number assigned to be charged. So each CVV is unique to the virtual card issued.
SOLUTION: Access the Expedia's extranet and manually retrieve the CVV from the Payment Information section of the reservation
- Booking.com only transmits credit card details to myallocator once. If myallocator fails to save them, Booking.com will not send them again. In case there is temporary problem with the connection myallocator might not have saved the credit cards. You will have to contact Booking.com's customer service and explain that the credit cards were not imported due to a technical issue. Properties can request credit card details to be transmitted from Booking.com by fax. Booking.com will not re-transmit them to myallocator.
- Your Booking.com account may be set to not take Credit Card Details for customers who booked in the same country as your property is located. This must be changed by the Booking.com account manager. The setting on Booking.com looks like below:
- If the credit card numbers are present, but the CVV details are missing, the Booking.com account may be set to not take CVV at all. This is what it looks like for the Booking.com account manager in their system and it must be changed by them: