How to connect Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) with myallocator
This article will walk you through the entire process of mapping your myallocator rooms to your Vacation Rentals By Owner Channel rooms (and vice versa). Once you have completed all of the steps below, Myallocator will update Vacation Rentals By Owner Channel with your availability, and myallocator will download your Vacation Rentals By Owner Channel bookings into your Bookings page of myallocator.
Vacation Rentals By Owner only supports the following:
- Availability updates
- Booking Downloads (Channel sends booking to myallocator, myallocator can automatically adjust availability)
- Automatic Adjustments
- Close (Disable room for bookings without overwriting the original availability)
You can learn more about this by reading our article here.
Cancellations from a calendar channel cannot be transmitted to any 3rd parties (including myallocator).
Since myallocator is unaware of any Calendar Channel cancellations, the property must manage the inventory manually.
- Guest books your property and the booking is sent to myallocator
- Guest cancels the booking
- Myallocator is unaware of the cancellation
- Property must login to myallocator and add the Availability back for the cancelled booking (if desired)
Calendar channels (including Vacation Rentals By Owner) do not support rates. You must enter rates directly into your Vacation Rentals By Owner extranet.
How To Connect:
Go to the Vacation Rentals By Owner setup in myallocator:
1. Click on Manage button in the right top corner
2. Navigate to Channels
3. Click on Add Channel
4. In order to proceed with setup, click on Vacation Rentals By Owner channel
Enable the channel
Put a checkmark in order to enable the channel and click Next to proceed
Import the calendar
Copy the calendar URL from myallocator
Follow the instruction provided by Vacation Rentals By Owner in order to import the calendar from myallocator
Import external calendar
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click Manage
3. Click Calendar.
4. Click the Import/Export Calendar icon.
5. Click Import Calendar.
6. Give the calendar a name.
7. Select a color to represent the calendar.
8. Enter the calendar URL.
9. Select whether the calendar will block availability. (Note: in order to block availability, the event must span at least one night.)