CCV/CVV codes were added by the payment card industry as an online purchase security measure. Any online purchases must be made with a credit card that contains a CCV/CVV code.
Please see the solutions below for each type of card:
Diner's Club Card
- Diner's Club Cards issued prior to 2015 have no CVV code. Diners club changed ownership and now runs on Discover's technology. All Diners Club cards approved for online transactions now include a CVV code.
- Solution: Get a new diners club card
- Debit cards without CVVs are not approved for online transactions.
- Solution: Get a new Card from your bank
- Credit Cards missing a Security Code are either not approved for international transactions and/or not approved for online transactions.
- Solution: Ask for a new card from your card provider that has a CVV code and is approved for international and online transactions