This article will show how to set up dorms.com to connect with myallocator.
1. If you do not have an account yet with Dorms.com, you can create an account from within myallocator using our Express Registration feature:
1.1. Log into myallocator by Cloudbeds
1.3. Click on Manage and then Channels
1.4. Click "Add Channel"
1.5. Select Dorms.com
1.6. Answer "No"
1.7. Choose if you would like to send your inventory to the channel after the connection has been established and agree to the Terms & Conditions
1.8. Your Dorms.com account has been created!
You will see the ID and password that has been created for your Dorms.com account as well as room ID's and additional instructions. Please store this information for later use.
1.11. Hit Setup Completed and then Next.
Since you created the Dorms.com account within myallocator, myallocator will automatically input the Hotel ID and Password.
1.12. Move to Step 4 of the guide to finish the connection process.
If you need to add a new room type after you have already created your Dorms.com using the quick connect feature, you will need to manually add the room to dorms.com and myallocator and map the rooms, starting at step 4.
2. If you already have an account with Dorms.com, please select myallocator as your Channel Manager within Dorms.com
Instructions on how to do this here (it will ask you to sign into your dorms.com account to access the article)
3. Connect the channel and map your rooms in myallocator
3.1. Log into myallocator by Cloudbeds
3.2. Click on Manage and then Channels
3.3. Click "Add Channel"
3.4. Select Dorms.com
3.5. Enter your Dorms.com Property ID and Password and hit next:
This can be found in your Dorms.com Extranet. Under Channel Manager hit Setup Information and a window will pop up with this information
4. Map your rooms together and hit Next:
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
If you created the Dorms.com account within myallocator using the Express Registration feature, the Room Mapping will have already been completed by the system. You will see rooms on the OTA/Booking Site side that were generated by myallocator and are named based on bed count and room type (private or dorm), unless you renamed them when completing registration of your property on Dorms.com (step 1.9)
5. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired) and hit Next:
In most cases, this can be left blank. Click here to learn more about the: Setting Base Rate Adjustments
- Note: If you need assistance in determining the values to enter for Net rates versus Sell rates for Tax purposes, please see this article: How should I handle taxes in myallocator?
6. Channel Setup is Complete
7. On your channel summary page you’ll be able to see that setup for the channel has been completed successfully
8. Save Changes and Refresh your myallocator Account
Note: This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.
- Click to go to the "Availability" screen
- Click Save
- Select "Save to myallocator and all channels"
- Click Send to push the rates and availability you set in Step 2 to your newly connected channel.