In 1995, VRBO introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with people looking for places to stay. VRBO's purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together.
VRBO has grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries. The channel offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month.
Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) is part of the HomeAway family.
Calendar Based Channels only support: availability updates, booking downloads, and automatic adjustments.
They do not support rates! Enter rates directly into the HomeAway extranet.
- They do not support rates! Enter rates directly into the HomeAway extranet.
- Even though VRBO is owned by Expedia, it is not possible to make the connection to this channel through Expedia.
- Cloudbeds does not control how frequently calendar channels poll us for availability, so it can take 0.5 to 2 hours for availability to reflect on the channel. Please confirm this interval with your HomeAway Account Manager.
How to connect VRBO/HomeAway to myallocator
HomeAway has several brands such as - Stayz.com.au, FeWo, Abritel, VacationRentals.com, Toprural, Bookabach, Alugue Temporada and others. Currently, within myallocator, we only accept HomeAway or VRBO URLs, but it does not mean that you can not connect the listings from other brands. Please follow the steps below in order to connect other HomeAway's brand.
Let's suppose that you want to connect your 'Alugue Temporada' listing and you have the following URL:
When you paste 'Alugue Temporada' URL, you will probably see the error message below
To fix this, replace the highlighted part from 'www.aluguetemporada.com.br' to 'www.homeaway.com' and keep the rest of the URL exactly the same.
Cancellations from a calendar channel cannot be transmitted to any 3rd parties (including myallocator).
Since myallocator is unaware of any Calendar Channel cancellations, you must manage your inventory manually.
- Guest books your property and the booking is sent to myallocator
- Guest cancels the booking
- Myallocator is unaware of the cancellation
- You must log in into myallocator and add the Availability back for the canceled booking (if desired)
Check this article for more details on How should I handle cancellations?