We are glad to announce Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration! This article shows how to sign up for Airbnb API Connection
Benefits of the Airbnb API connection:
- Full sync between myallocator and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync is instant and is not delayed
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability (*not all unit types apply)
Limitations of Airbnb API Connection
1. When the listing is connected via Airbnb API it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing and the discounts on Airbnb:
- Length-of-stay discounts
- Early-bird discounts
- Last-minute discounts
If you're selling the accommodations with discounts at the moment - please pay attention to this limitation as after the sync all the discounts will be disabled. This limitation can be resolved later, please contact our Support team to check the current status
2. For hostels: with Airbnb API your guest will be able to book only 1 bed per reservation (ex., if you have 8 beds available in myfrontdesk - the dorm should be booked 8 times, 1 bed in each reservation)
See more information here: Connecting Airbnb API to myallocator
- If you are interested in the Airbnb API 2-way connection then please sign-up here: https://www.cloudbeds.com/channels/airbnb/
- Our customer support team will reach out to you with the further instructions as well as Connection Guide (it may take some time for our team to review your request)
Note: We will contact all approved properties in groups of customers over the next few weeks
Things to Keep in Mind before Sign-up Process:
- Airbnb has minimum requirements for API connection (can be found in section below)
- We suggest you try the connection on a less busy day and not on Friday or the weekend as the manual approval of your listings after starting the connection can take up to 48 hrs according to their requirements.
- Airbnb does not currently accept listings for the API connection in the following select urban markets:
- New York, NY, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- Montreal, Que., Canada
To learn more about this restriction please get in touch with your Airbnb Account Manager
To prepare for the API connection please make sure that all of your Airbnb property listings meet the following requirements.
Please note: Even if you were approved for API connection does not mean your listings will be approved on the mapping stage.
Listing's description should be minimum 50 characters
Provide at least 7 photos for each listing and 3 high-quality photos (800px by 500px)
Listing's status should be set to "Listed". If you will sync the listing in status "Unlisted" or "Snoozed" - it will remain in this status and it won't be possible to edit it unless the listing is disconnected
After sync with myallocator some settings in Airbnb Extranet won't be editable ("Edit" button will be grayed out as shown in example below), so make sure they are correct before the sync:
1.Listings->open the listing you need->booking settings->"How guests can book"
2.Listings->open the listing you need->listing details->"Listing status"
3.Listings->open the listing you need->"Listing pricing"->ALL SETTINGS
4.Listings->open the listing you need->"Listing availability"->ALL SETTINGS
If you collect extra guest charge or fees - you should setup them before the sync (these parameters won't be editable after the sync with myfrontdesk):
Unfortunately, if you use special discounts - after we connect your listing with API, all the discounts will be disabled.
Please note that myallocator will only update and sync your base rate, which is on your myallocator calendar. We do not send, update your discounts, any other pricing models on the channel
- Automatic synchronization of your rates and availability - YES
- Automatic adjustment for cancellations - YES
- Sending Minimum Length of Stay - YES
- Sending Maximum Length of Stay - YES
- Sending Closed Days for Arrival/Departure - YES
- Closing Rate Plan for Bookings - YES
- Sending Single Use Rate - NO (sending price for 1 person/guest)
Reply provided by Airbnb team: "We are currently manually reviewing all traditional hospitality listings. This is determined by the property type as described in the Property Type Category of the listing management section.
The property types which are currently subject to manual review are bnb, boutique_hotel, hostel, lodge, timeshare, minsu, casa_particular, pension, pousada, ryokan, heritage_hotel, and serviced_apartment."
You may check your property type in Airbnb Extranet:
The answer is provided by Airbnb team:
"Room Type Inventory Policies:
Room Type inventory allows hosts to have multiple availabilities for the same listing on the same day. Hosts can group multiple rooms into a single “representative” set and use daily availability counts to manage the availability on the listing.
This feature should be implemented only when there is more than 1 room available per day for the listing, and when these rooms share similar attributes such that they can be considered true substitutes; the rooms should have the same amenities, bed configurations, size, decor, and address.
Note that listings with property type House are not eligible to be listed as Room Type Inventory"
Myfrontdesk will send the rates and availability for upcoming 3 years out but Airbnb only shows 365 days