The Citybreak platform enables properties to sell, combine, and distribute tourism products sourced from +100 external inventory platforms. Current Citybreak users are growing their businesses with ready-to-start-packaging inventory ranging from Hotels, Vacation Rentals, Ferry Tickets and Train Tickets to Ski Passes, Ski Rental products and Tours & Activities
This article will show how to connect your existing CityBreak account to myallocator.
To get started with sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request them to enable myallocator as your channel manager. Once you have your CityBreak login and password, proceed with the next steps.
- Login to your myallocator account and go to Manage > Channels
- Click 'Add Channel'
- Search for CityBreak and click 'Not Setup'
4. Enter your CityBreak Login and Password provided by CityBreadk team - Then click Next
5. Map the corresponding room between myallocator and CityBreak.
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
It's important to have the CityBreak backoffice setup according to certain rules:
- CityBreak Products are the equivalent of a room type ('Single Room', 'Bed in Dorm')
- CityBreak Price Agreements (Prisavtal) are the equivalent to rate-plans
- CityBreak Subproducts are extra services (such as 'breakfast') and are not mapped to myallocator
Creating a new Price Agreement - When creating a new Price Agreement for the first time, in the General Parameters, you should select 'No' to 'Use Default Price Groups'. In Price Groups, you should only create one 'adult' group.
Price Periods - CityBreak will allow you to have many 'Periods' in each Price Agreement. These store the prices and cover a period during which these prices are valid. In order to allow mapping to myallocator there can only be one period per Price Agreement. As such, please set this to cover a date range that is never likely to expire - for example 2014/01/01 - 2099/01/01
Products - CityBreak will allow you to add the same product to a Price Agreement multiple times - either individually or as part of a group of products. In order to allow mapping to myallocator a product can only appear once in each Price Agreement. Multiple entries will cause updates to fail.
It is possible for a sub product to exist multiple times, but these will not be mapped/updated in myallocator.
Price Structure - CityBreak allows many different price structures. When setting the parameters for a product, make sure the default pricing is set to 'Price per unit' and the Time unit is set to 'Price per night'. Selecting a different price or time unit will cause updating to fail.
Setting Availability - When setting the availability for your products, please create an availability period of at least 2 years - for example 2014/01/01 - 2016/01/02
PMS Synchronisation setting must be disabled for each product
You can find this in the 'Products' section of the back office under 'PMS Settings'. This must be set to 'No' otherwise updates to the back office will not correctly save.
6. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if needed)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
7. Please, keep the box on this page checked to perform Full Refresh and send rates/availability from myallocator to CityBreak.
Channel Setup is now completed!