HotelTonight is the hotel-friendly alternative to legacy OTAs. They have long been known as the best place for guests to make last minute reservations (however, note that HotelTonight is expanding beyond just last minute reservations!). With 33+ million app downloads, HotelTonight brings you incremental production to elevate your existing revenue strategy. Send all rates and room types to HotelTonight automatically and receive reservation notification in your channel manager.
Things you should know before you get started:
- Please check the FAQ section of this article before connecting to this channel.
How to connect HotelTonight to myallocator
- To activate this channel, please contact your HotelTonight Market Manager and request them to enable myallocator.
- Once setup has been completed by HotelTonight, their team will reach out to Cloudbeds support team to enable the connection.
- You will receive an email when this has been completed and the channel is ready for mapping.
You can find your Market Manager's email on your HotelTonight extranet.
1. Go to myallocator and open Channels page.
2. If you have correctly completed the steps above, HotelTonight will be displayed on your channels list as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on the yellow button to proceed.
3. Click NEXT to continue
Please make sure to have 3+ images uploaded on the HotelTonight extranet, otherwise, rates and availability will not be updated on HotelTonight. Please verify images before finishing setup.
Photo upload must be done on the HotelTonight side and cannot be done in our system.
4. Map one myallocator room type to one room type on the HotelTonight drop-down list and click NEXT when completed.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Room Mapping Guidelines
5. Specify Base Rate Adjustments for each room type, if desired. Click NEXT when completed (or click NEXT to skip this section).
Please note: Do not enter your default room rate here.
6. Choose the Maximum Days in Advance to allow bookings, and select if your base rates include taxes/VAT.
Maximum Days in Advance to Allow Bookings
This setting controls how far in advance you allow guests to book at your property. Examples:
> If you set this value to 2 DAYS PRIOR TO DATE, guests can make a booking on HotelTonight up to 2 days before check-in date.
> If you select SAME DAY, the property is only bookable on HotelTonight the day of check-in. The setting will be applied to all your listings on HotelTonight.
> If you would prefer a time frame less than 'SAME DAY', for example by 19:00 (7 PM) on the day of check-in, please contact a HotelTonight representative.
Tax/VAT Inclusive or Exclusive
If the rates you are sending from our system to HotelTonight include Taxes/VAT, select INCLUDED from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select 'NOT INCLUDED'.
Incorrect selection may lead to issues in sending rates and availability to the channel.
Click NEXT and you're done!
7. Keep the box on this page checked to perform a Full Refresh and send rates/availability from myallocator to HotelTonight.
- Minimum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Credit Card Information
HotelTonight does not support:
- Maximum length of stay
- Close days for departure
- Closing rate plan for bookings
If you wish to remove certain room types that are showing on HotelTonight, you will need to contact your account manager directly to remove that specific room type from the available list. This should be done first before you update the room mapping in myallocator.
Unmapping in myallocator before HotelTonight has updated their room list could result in a possible overbooking due to the fact they are still showing room listing active on their public site.
The following error will appear if your property has not been activated by HotelTonight. To resolve, contact your HotelTonight Account Manager to enable and then try again.