HostelSnap is an extremely low-cost direct booking engine for hostels built by HostelManagement.com. The booking engine is fully customizable so hostel owners can easily make the direct booking experience for their hostel match the look and feel of their website. Hostel owners can specify how much advance payment they would like to collect for new reservations and have this money deposited directly into their bank account. Features include promo code marketing and affiliate marketing so you can incentivize direct bookings to your hostel.
Things you should know before you get started:
- These setup instructions pertain only to the HostelSnap (Booking Engine Only) product.
- Please check the FAQ section of this article before connecting to this channel.
How to connect HostelSnap to myallocator
1. If you don’t have an account at HostelSnap:
First, create an account on HostelSnap. Here's the sign-up link: https://www.hostelsnap.com/get-started-booking-engine-only
2. If you do have an account at HostelSnap:
Proceed with Step 2
Follow the steps below to activate myallocator as your channel manager. Once set up, HostelSnap will also transmit all new reservations to myallocator.
1. Go to the HostelSnap Setup Wizard:
2. Select Myallocator Connect as shown below:
3. By default, "Control Rates and Availability from" will be set to HostelSnap. Change this dropdown to Myallocator:
4. Make note of the credentials displayed and click the "Submit Changes" button to save:
1. Click on the "Channels" menu item in myallocator:
2. Click the "Add Channel" button in myallocator:
3. Select HostelSnap Booking Engine channel in myallocator:
4. Enter the credentials you received from HostelSnap and noted in steps above.
5. Map your HostelSnap room types to your myallocator room types.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
6. Enter any desired pricing offsets for prices sent to HostelSnap. Keep in mind, unlike OTAs, these prices are for direct booking and there is no commission.
7. All done! Click the checkbox to send a refresh of all rates and availability to HostelSnap from myallocator. And click the Back to Overview button.
- Automatic adjustments
HostelSnap does not support:
- Automatic adjustments for cancellations
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure
- Closing rate plan for bookings
- Single-Use Rates