Hostelling International is a worldwide network of Not-for-Profit Youth Hostel Associations
Hostelling International (HI) is a charity that manages a federation of not-for-profit youth hostel associations. Their Youth Hostel Associations such as YHA, Stayokay, and DJH combined provide a network of hostels in more than 80 countries.
Things you should know before you get started:
Please check out the FAQ section of this article to check which features are supported / not supported by this channel.
How to Connect HI Hostels to myallocator
HI is a federation and membership association, and its members are comprised of the National Associations that run the hostelling movement in their part of the world. If you want to become part of the network then please check first to see if you have a National Association in your part of the world. You can check by looking at their network of hostels. If there is a National Association, please contact them and ask for details.
See more info at the website: https://www.hihostels.com/pages/join-hi#operator
- Log in to your myallocator account and go to Manage > Channels
- Click 'Add Channel'
- Search for HI Hostels and click 'Not Setup'
- Enter your HI Hostels username or email address into the field "Hotel ID", the numeric ID (a number, sometimes prefixed by X) into the "Property Id" and your password, click 'Enable'. We'll then contact HI Hostels and request your property to be enabled.
Once the request has been sent, the channel status will change to 'Awaiting Activation' while HI Hostels processes this request. It may take up to 1 week.
- When HI Hostels confirms the connection, they will email our support team so we can proceed with the channel activation on myallocator. Once activated, you will receive an email notifying you that HI Hostels is ready for mapping! When you receive this email, go ahead and proceed with step 2.
- Go to myallocator and open the "Channels" tab.
- If you have correctly completed the steps above, HI Hostels will be displayed on your channels list as 'Ready for Mapping'. Click on the yellow button to proceed.
- Click NEXT to continue
- Select your HI Hostel rooms from the drop-down that correspond to myallocator rooms and click NEXT when completed.
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines.
- Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed. Click NEXT when completed or if you want to skip, leave it as zero.
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
- Choose the Channel-Specific Options
- Currency - The currency selected must always match your default currency of your HI Hostel Extranet.
- Disable Rates - Tick the box if you don't want our channel manager to update the rates on HI Hostel.
- Age Band - If you would like to have the age band price, please set the discount values here. They will be deducted from your normal rate as shown on the Availability page.
If you need more information about Currency Conversion, click here: How do I manage different Currencies?
- Keep the box on this page checked to perform Full Refresh and send rates/availability from myallocator to HI Hostels.
Frequently Asked Questions
HI Hostels supports:
- Automatic adjustments
HI Hostels doesn't support:
- Automatic adj. for cancellations (it means that when a reservation is canceled, your availability will NOT be updated automatically. Please update your availability manually on myallocator)
- Restriction of Minimum length of stay
- Restrictions of Maximum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure
Since HI Hostels does not support minimum restrictions, the minimum restrictions need to be added manually on HI Hostels, you can follow the process in their knowledge tab and reach out to email@example.com.
Please double-check if the credentials entered are correct. Make sure to enter your HI Hostels username or email address into the field "Hotel ID", the numeric ID (a number, sometimes prefixed by X) into the "Property Id" and your password. If the error persists please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.