Setting different rates for one room type is what we refer to as Rate Plans.
Not all channels (OTAs) support rate plans, while others offer extremely customizable features for varied pricing. Myallocator will only update a standard Base Rate across all channels. This helps ensure a consistent sync across your multiple OTAs.
This article will guide you on how to manage multiple rate plans or occupancy based pricing on specific channels.
Channels which do support rate plans:
Most hotel-based channels, such as:
Channels which do not support rate plans
Most hostel and vacation-rental based channels, such as:
How to set up rate plans on channels
It is not possible to create rate plans in myallocator. If you want to create multiple rate plans other than the base rate configured in myallocator OR if you want to set up pricing per person, you will need to create them in your channel's extranet.
This step must be completed in your channel's extranet with the support of your channel account manager or general channel support team, following the details below.
- Each channel will work on this configuration differently, therefore, contact your channel account manager, and ask them for their support to setup a Rate Plan that is derived from the standard rate send by myallocator.
- Once the derived rate plan is setup properly, myallocator will update your "standard" rate plan, and any other rate plans that you have setup on the channel will be based off of the base (standard) rate.
How it works
- Myallocator sends out a single default rate for each room type.
- Other rate plans can still be created on the OTAs, but they need to be configured as derived from the standard rates.
Myallocator uses your base rates to set the default rate of the room in question. From there, when your channel account is setup properly, you can have various rates that are derived (created from) that set base rate.
Check the following example of rate plans:
Room Type scenario:
- 4 Person Queen Room
- Base rate sent from myallocator: $100
In a channel which supports rate plans, you could have the following rate plans derived and displayed to your customers:
Occupancy-based (per person):
- 3 People: Base rate -$10 (rate = $90)
- 2 People: Base rate -$20 (rate = $80)
- 1 Person: Base rate -$25 (rate = $75)
- Non-Refundable: Base rate - 15%
- Early Booker: Base rate - 10%
- Date specific (ex: High season): Base rate + 25%
These are just examples. The values you set while creating these derived rate plans in your channel are completely up to you and any agreements you have made with that OTA.
Always keep in mind that they will derive up or down (fixed amount or percentage) from the base rate sent by myallocator.
Once the configuration is ready on the channel's extranet, the rate plan will be synchronized with myallocator, therefore, we will receive the reservations, update availability and indirectly control the rate plans since they are derived from the base rate myallocator sends.
For Booking.com - check the article Booking.com - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates that discusses how to use rate plans for this channel specifically.
For Expedia - check Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know for more information about Expedia's pricing models configuration.