This article will give you more details about the settings available in the Room Export page in Airbnb API mapping process, where you can edit room configuration details such as discounts, pricing rule and availability rules.
The Room Export page will be displayed when you are following the Step 3: Set Up/Edit Room Configuration Details in Airbnb API connection process.
Check the sections below in case you need detailed information on a topic presented.
Mandatory settings are highlighted with a red asterisk (*). If you skip them in the mapping process, the room will not be correctly updated in the channel
1. Availability Rules
- Advance Notice: The settings in this section are Airbnb default settings. Now that you are connected to Airbnb via myallocator, availability is now controlled by the values entered in our system's calendar.
- Guests can book: since your availability is now controlled by myallocator, guests can book any time your listing has availability on you calendar.
- Availability Window: Since your availability is controlled by myallocator calendar, any dates that do not have availability on the calendar will be unbookable by default. Dates that have availability on the calendar will be bookable.
- Minimum Length of Stay (in nights): the minimum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Min LOS'settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Days of week allowed for Check In: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Arrival' settings inside myallocator.
- Preparation Time: this is not available at this time.
- Maximum Length of Stay (in nights): the maximum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Max LOS' settings and will default to no maximum.
- Days of week allowed for Check Out: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Departure' settings inside myallocator.
- Minimum stay by day of week: the minimum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Min LOS' settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
If you would like to set up booking cut-off time, please refer to this article.
- Once the cut-off time is set, it might take until the next day for the adjustment to take place. For example, if you updated your cut-off configuration to not allow same-day bookings, this will become effective the next day.
- This cut-off time applies to all your connected OTA's.
Configurations that are not controlled by our system after the connection will have the Edit button clickable. Therefore, please manage them directly on Airbnb extranet.
For example, to manage your check-in and check-out windows, please perform the following steps:
1) Go to your listing and click Booking Settings
2) Scroll down to the Policies section and click the Edit button
3) Set up your check-in window preference
4) Set up your check-out window preference
5) Click Save
2. Price Settings
- Listing Currency: the currency chosen here must match the currency you want your rates to be sent in
- Listing Base Nightly Price: rates are controlled by myallocator calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered in myallocator will default to this rate.
Length of Stay Discounts
- Weekly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the weekly rate based on this discount if your guest selects 7 or more nights.
- Monthly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the monthly rate based on this discount if your guest selects an entire month.
Extra Guest Pricing
- Add the number of guests included in price
- Extra person fee (per night): please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount per night for private rooms only.
- The shared dorms must have the extra person fee as zero in mapping and also in the extranet.
- The guests number included must be 1 - The system will multiply the rate according to the number of guests/beds reserved.
- Fees: Select the fees that you need to apply and the amount. Per some fees you can select whether the fee is per booking or per person.
- Check Allow price approximation for length of stay > 46 nights in dorms if you need it
For shared dorms:
3. Pass Through Taxes
- Tax Type: your options include "hotel tax", "lodging tax", "room tax", "sales occupancy tax", "tourism assessment fee", "tourist tax", "transient occupancy tax", and "VAT GST".
- Amount Type: your options include "flat per guest", "flat per guest per night", and "percent per reservation".
- Business Tax ID: your tax ID is a unique number relating directly to your business.
- Registration ID: this is your accommodations tax registration number, which is the unique number you were assigned by your local taxing jurisdiction.
- Amount: please input your tax amount.
- Long Term Stay Exemption:
- "A booking may be eligible for a long-term stay exemption if it meets certain qualifications. What qualifies as a long-term stay depends on the jurisdiction the listing is in. For example:
- Jurisdiction X - a booking greater than 30 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Y - a booking greater than 45 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Z - for bookings greater than 30 days, taxes only apply to the first 30 days
- Check with your local tax authority to find out more information on your jurisdiction’s long-term stay exemption." - How do I add custom taxes to my listings?
- Confirmation: if you have any taxes listed, you will need to click on the confirmation box before you click 'Save and Sync'.
These taxes will not be applied to the rates myallocator sends to Airbnb. Airbnb will take these values and apply them to the bookings as they come in.
Example: Suppose your room rate (on your availability page) is $100.00 and you have configured a 10% tax. Myallocator sends rate of $100 to Airbnb. Airbnb shows rate of $100.00 to your guests. Once a guest books, Airbnb automatically adds $10.00 (the 10% tax) to the booking total, and sends both values ($100.00 for room revenue and $10.00 for taxes) to myallocator.
If Airbnb pays taxes on your behalf:
- the taxes are automatically configured inside Airbnb extranet, therefore, you do not need to set up these taxes inside our room mapping
- Airbnb will send the total expected payout (the amount they will pay you) to our system, therefore, these taxes will not be included in your rate breakdown.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb taxes, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
4. Pricing Rules & Discounts
- Rule Type: your options include "booking ahead" (minimum days ahead), "last-minute booking" (maximum days ahead), "long term stay" (nights), and "seasonal".
- Price Change: please input your discount amount.
- Price Change Type: your options are "percent" or "absolute."
- Days/Nights Threshold: please input the number of days/nights threshold for the discount you're adding.
- For Check-In Dates: please input the date range for the discount you're adding.
If you have multiple discounts configured of the same type, threshold and date but with different discount values, Airbnb will only apply one of the discounts. Therefore, if you have multiple discounts of the same type configured, myallocator will apply the discount that results in the highest price.
Please note that percent-based discounts will override fixed amount discounts.
Example 1: You have three discounts of the same type, threshold and date:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 20% for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 10$ for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
Only the 'Long term Stay (nights) discount - more than 10 days - 20%' will be applied as it results in the highest price.
However, if different types of discounts are selected for the same date, they will apply both:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
- Early Bird discount - more that 20 days in advance - 15% for period x
Both discounts will be applied.
The room rate is $100 and the available discounts of the same type are: 30% discount and 20% discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- 20% discount results in a new room rate of $80
In this case, myallocator will send the rate of $80 to Airbnb (since it's the highest rate).