This article will show how to setup Expedia to connect with myallocator.
- Login to your Expedia Extranet at https://www.expediapartnercentral.com
- Click "Rooms and Rates"
- Under the Setup section, click "Expedia Connectivity Settings"
- Select "My Allocator" in the drop-down on both options
- Click 'Save and Continue'
Now, wait for myallocator to confirm the connection to Expedia
As soon as the connection is complete on both sides (Expedia and myallocator) we will send an email notifying you to map the rooms.
Once you have received the confirmation email, proceed with the steps below:
1. Go to your myallocator account and click on Manage
2. Access 'Channels' tab
3. Expedia should be marked as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on the yellow button to start
If you're not seeing Expedia status as 'ready for mapping', it means that the connection is not ready yet.
4. Click on "Next"
5. Map your rooms together and click on 'next'
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
6. If presented with a Rate Selection screen, choose the "Default" Rate Plan
Since myallocator can only control one Rate Plan, we always recommend that you select the "Default" or "Standard" Rate Plan on this screen. The Default Rate is always the first (top) rate presented.
Once chosen, we will control Rates for this rate plan only - any other Rate Plans must be setup to be derived from the Default Rate.
More information about Expedia Rate Plans can be found here: Rateplan Support - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates
7. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
Note: If you need assistance in determining the values to enter for Net rates versus Sell rates for Tax purposes, please see this article: How should I handle taxes in myallocator?
8. Choose the Expedia Channel-Specific Options
The first option to choose is the Currency
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
- If you need more information about Currency Conversion, click here: How do I manage different Currencies?
- The Pricing model selected must always match the Pricing Model of your Expedia Extranet
- For more information about Expedia Pricing Models, click here: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
It's strongly advised to send a full refresh now to make sure that availability and rates are fully updated on the channel. Please, keep marked the checkbox 'Send full refresh to Expedia'.
This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.
Channel Setup is Complete!
If you want to send a full refresh manually, please, follow the steps below:
- Click to go to the "Availability" screen
- Click Save
- Select "Save to myallocator and all channels"
- Click Send to push the rates and availability you set in Step 2 to your newly connected channel.