This article will walk you through the entire process of mapping your rooms to your Airbnb rooms (and vice versa). Once you have completed all of the steps below, the system will update Airbnb with your availability, and channel manager will download your Airbnb bookings into your Bookings page in your system.
Step 2: Click on Account Settings
Step 3: Click on "your listings"
Step 4: Click Manage Listing and Calendar for the first room you want to connect
Step 5: Click Availability once you opened the listing you need
Step 9: Click to enable
Step 10: Copy the calendar URL from room mapping:
Step 11: Paste the URL into your Airbnb Calendar Address (URL) field and give it a name:
Step 12: Obtain your Airbnb export calendar URL:
Step 13: Paste the Airbnb URL into the Exported calendar url in the room mapping:
Step 14: Repeat steps 2 through 12 for ALL of your Airbnb rooms
Step 15: Click Next
Step 16: Done with Setup!
Step 18: Airbnb reminders
As a reminder, Airbnb only supports the following:
- Availability updates
- Booking Downloads
- Automatic Adjustments
Calendar channels (including Airbnb) do not support rates. You must enter rates directly into your airbnb.com extranet.
Airbnb also does not support cancellations. If you receive an Airbnb cancellation, you must cancel the booking manually in the system (as well as your PMS, if you are connected with a PMS).
Please take the following considerations in mind when working with a calendar channel such as Airbnb:
- Selling Dorm beds/rooms on Airbnb is not recommended
- Calendar-based channels do not provide us with the number of customers that booked, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more! It's safest to not update/sell dorm rooms on Airbnb.
- We highly recommend disabling Instant Book with Airbnb.
- By disabling Instant Book, you will have the opportunity to confirm all bookings before you accept them. Otherwise, an overbooking situation is more likely to occur because they download the calendar files from us in hourly intervals. To resolve this overbooking potential, we recommend that you turn off Instant Book by toggling the Instant Book lightnight icon off as shown below.
- Only one unit can be sold per room type each night
- As soon as a booking is made for a particular room type, that booking will block the room type from being available to anybody else on Airbnb. Creating multiple listings for each room is no solution, because you cannot assign multiple channel listings to a single channel manager room. At best, you can sell one unit of each room type per night on Airbnb.