We are glad to announce Airbnb and myallocator 2-Way API Integration!
Benefits of the Airbnb API connection:
- Full sync between myallocator and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync is instant and is not delayed
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability (*not all unit types apply)
Limitations of Airbnb API Connection
1. When the listing is connected via Airbnb API it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing and the discounts on Airbnb:
- Length-of-stay discounts
- Early-bird discounts
- Last-minute discounts
If you're selling the accommodations with discounts at the moment - please pay attention to this limitation as after the sync all the discounts will be disabled. This limitation can be resolved later, please contact our Support team to check the current status
2. For hostels: with Airbnb API your guest will be able to book only 1 bed per reservation (ex., if you have 8 beds available in myallocator - the dorm should be booked 8 times, 1 bed in each reservation)
See more information here: Connecting Airbnb API to myallocator
After you're approved for Airbnb API Connection (see article Airbnb API Sign Up Process and Minimum Requirements (for myallocator users)- you may start following the connection and mapping process in myallocator:
Before connection process make sure that the rooms setup in myallocator and Airbnb match (room occupancy, room type).
By default Airbnb (API) channel is in status 'Not setup' for all the properties
After you signed up for Airbnb API - our Support team will switch the channel status to 'Ready for mapping' for you which means that you may proceed with the connection
If you were pre-approved for API connection but the channel status is still 'Not setup' - please contact our team at email@example.com to switch the channel status to 'Ready for mapping'
Now you need to authorize myallocator to manage your Airbnb listings:
- Login to myallocator and open 'Channels' page
- Search for Airbnb (API) and click 'READY FOR MAPPING'. Then click NEXT
- Enter your Airbnb login and password
- Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myallocator clicking 'Allow'
Airbnb API mapping process is very much alike the mapping process for the common channels like Booking.com or Expedia. You will need to link the myallocator room type with the corresponding Airbnb listing and click 'NEXT' once all the room types are linked:
The mapping process may differ depending on the room setup that you have on Airbnb (individual listings, room types, dorms). See the mapping guide for different scenarios below.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
If you manage multiple properties under the same myallocator login, you will probably see the warning message below, you can ignore it and move forward.
This mapping type suits you if you have 1 myallocator room type with 1 room in it which corresponds to 1 Airbnb listing.
Select the Airbnb listing from dropdown so it corresponds with myallocator room type.
Click NEXT once you're finished, go to the channel setup again - if you did everything right and there are no errors the mapping is successful!
If you have one myallocator room type with several units and 1 listing on Airbnb - you can simply mp it with the corresponding myallocator room type.
But if you sell room types in myallocator and several individual listings in Airbnb each corresponding to a specific unit - you can map your myallocator room type to any of corresponding listing on Airbnb (if these Airbnb listings totally match between each other in settings and description).
In myallocator you have Deluxe Studio (room type) with 5 units: Studio 1, Studio 2...
On Airbnb you have 5 separate listings and these rooms have the same settings and description: Studio 1, Studio 2, Studio 3...
On room mapping step you will be able to map only 1 listing to your room type, so how this can be done?
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and keep only 1 listing of the same type in status 'Listed' (all the rest of the listings of this type should be 'Unlisted')
2) in myallocator on room mapping page link the room type to the only listed listing:
3) after Full Refresh myallocator will send the rates and availability to the mapped listing.
If myallocator room type will have availability (no matter how many rooms) > the listing will be bookable on Airbnb
If myallocator room type will have no availability > the listed will be not bookable on Airbnb
If you receive an error during the mapping steps - please consult this article: Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection
If you can't resolve the error - please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you can enter a discount or an increase of your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter "- 5%" for each room.
If you want to send 11% higher rates - you would enter +11%.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
This is the last screen of mapping process: here you can see all the features supported in connection between myallocator and Airbnb API.
Keep the box on this screen checked - this will send full refresh to all rooms mapped with Airbnb
You can also send Full Refresh on the 'Calendar' page by clicking 'Full Refresh' button:
On Channels page you will see Airbnb (API) set on status 'Setup Complete':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myallocator will not override your pictures, descriptions - myallocator updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myallocator, it's important to make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
1) login to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
2) open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
3) on new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
4) select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myfrontdesk for the selected room type (listing)
If before connecting Airbnb API you had Airbnb ical connection active - you need to disable it.
1) go to Channels
2) go to Airbnb (ical)
3) delete all the links
4) go back to the channel and remove the checkmark
There could be possible reasons why you'd like to stop sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator:
- information in Airbnb after sync is incorrect
- some settings are not editable
To stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and open Listings tab
2) click 'Cloudbeds' (MyAllocator)
3) click the three dots menu next to listing
4) click 'Stop sync'
After that - please contact our support team at email@example.com to disconnect myallocator from Airbnb API on our side.
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myallocator - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Cloudbeds Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: email@example.com, +1-855-424-7262