We are glad to announce Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myallocator and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync is instant and is not delayed
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
If you're new to connection - please check this article first: Airbnb API and Minimum Requirements and FAQ
Limitation of Airbnb API Connection
- When the listing is connected via Airbnb API it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing and the discounts on Airbnb:
- Length-of-stay discounts
- Early-bird discounts
- Last-minute discounts
If you're selling the accommodations with discounts at the moment - please pay attention to this limitation as after the sync all the discounts will be disabled. A fix for this limitation will be coming soon.
2. The API allows listings in North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe. However, aside from traditional hospitality listings, we do not currently accept listings via the API in the following select urban markets:
- New York, NY, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
Traditional hospitality listings are not subject to these urban market restrictions. Additionally, in Japan we do not accept listings for accommodations (minpaku) used for Housing Accommodation Business under the Japanese Housing Accommodation Business Act (Act No.65 of 2017) via the API. The only exception to this is certain Japanese API partners who have entered into the license agreement with regard to Airbnb brand and intellectual properties within Japan.
To utilize the API in the above geographies, you must select and be licensed as one of the following property type categories aparthotel, bnb, boutique hotel, farm stay, hostel, hotel, lodge, timeshare, minsu, casa particular, pension, pousada, resort, ryokan, heritage hotel, and serviced apartment.
3. The API connection allows only 1 Airbnb account to be connected to your myallocator account. It is currently not possible to connect Airbnb listings from different Airbnb accounts to a single myallocator account.
Please, ensure that you are creating completely verified listings FIRST before authenticating through our system. If you try to authenticate before finishing verification with Airbnb, you will not be able to connect Airbnb API.
Make sure that:
- The rooms setup in myallocator and Airbnb match (room occupancy, room type).
- The currencies and the default property time zone in myallocator and Airbnb match
- The rooms setup in myallocator and Airbnb match (room occupancy, room type). For further information, please check our article: Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection
- Make sure you've read and completed the requirements for the connection in this article: Minimum Requirements and FAQ.
- If you're connected to another channel manager on Airbnb - please disconnect it: go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access
3. Please, make sure that the currency which is set in myallocator for Airbnb API channel and the currencies which are set on Airbnb extranet per each listing are the same. Otherwise there will be an error in the connection and we won't be available to update the pricing on the channel.
Please check the article Airbnb API Sign Up Process and Minimum Requirements (for myallocator users) - you may start following the connection and mapping process in myallocator:
- Click on 'Channels' tab
- Then, click on 'Add Channel' and search for Airbnb API
- Click on 'Not Setup' to start the mapping process
Authorize myallocator to manage your Airbnb listings
4. Click on Next to proceed
5. Enter your Airbnb login and password
6. Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myallocator clicking 'Allow'
- Make sure that the currency which is set in myallocator for AirBnb channel and the currency for each listing on the Airbnb extranet are the same, Otherwise there will be an error in the connection and we won't be available to update the pricing on the channel.
- Make sure that your default property time zone on myallocator and Airbnb extranet are the same
Airbnb API mapping process is very much alike the mapping process for the common channels like Booking.com or Expedia. You will need to link the myallocator room type with the corresponding Airbnb listing and click 'NEXT' once all the room types are linked:
The mapping process may differ depending on the room setup that you have on Airbnb (individual listings, room types, dorms). See the mapping guide for different scenarios below.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
If you manage multiple properties under the same myallocator login, you will probably see the warning message below, you can ignore it and move forward.
This mapping type suits you if you have 1 myallocator room type with 1 room in it which corresponds to 1 Airbnb listing.
Select the Airbnb listing from dropdown so it corresponds with myallocator room type.
Click NEXT once you're finished, go to the channel setup again - if you did everything right and there are no errors the mapping is successful!
If you have one myallocator room type with several units and 1 listing on Airbnb - you can simply mp it with the corresponding myallocator room type.
But if you sell room types in myallocator and several individual listings in Airbnb each corresponding to a specific unit - you can map your myallocator room type to any of corresponding listing on Airbnb (if these Airbnb listings totally match between each other in settings and description).
In myallocator you have Deluxe Studio (room type) with 5 units: Studio 1, Studio 2...
On Airbnb you have 5 separate listings and these rooms have the same settings and description: Studio 1, Studio 2, Studio 3...
On room mapping step you will be able to map only 1 listing to your room type, so how this can be done?
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and keep only 1 listing of the same type in status 'Listed' (all the rest of the listings of this type should be 'Unlisted')
2) in myallocator on room mapping page link the room type to the only listed listing:
3) after Full Refresh myallocator will send the rates and availability to the mapped listing.
If myallocator room type will have availability (no matter how many rooms) > the listing will be bookable on Airbnb
If myallocator room type will have no availability > the listed will be not bookable on Airbnb
If you receive an error during the mapping steps - please consult this article: Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection
If you can't resolve the error - please contact our Support team at email@example.com
Here you can enter a discount or an increase of your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter "- 5%" for each room.
If you want to send 11% higher rates - you would enter +11%.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
This is the last screen of mapping process: here you can see all the features supported in connection between myallocator and Airbnb API.
Keep the box on this screen checked - this will send full refresh to all rooms mapped with Airbnb
You can also send Full Refresh on the 'Calendar' page by clicking 'Full Refresh' button:
On Channels page you will see Airbnb (API) set on status 'Setup Complete':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myallocator will not override your pictures, descriptions - myallocator updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myallocator, it's important to make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
1) login to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
2) open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
3) on new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
4) select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myfrontdesk for the selected room type (listing)
If before connecting Airbnb API you had Airbnb ical connection active - you need to disable it.
1) go to Channels
2) go to Airbnb (ical)
3) delete all the links
4) go back to the channel and remove the checkmark
If you face any errors during the connection - please refer to this article Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection or contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop Listings sync only
There could be possible reasons why you'd like to stop sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator:
- information in Airbnb after sync is incorrect
- some settings are not editable
To stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and open Listings tab
2) click 'Cloudbeds' (MyAllocator)
3) click the three dots menu next to listing
4) click 'Stop sync'
After that - please contact our support team at email@example.com to disconnect myallocator from Airbnb API on our side.
Note that both steps must be done (disconnect Airbnb API on our side and also on Airbnb extranet) - Stopping the connection on myallocator only, will not stop the sync with Airbnb.
Disconnect the whole account
If for some reason you need to disconnect the whole Airbnb API account, please follow the steps below.
After this process you should be able to edit everything at the extranet as normal without having to contact Airbnb support team.
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and click on "Account" tab
2) Click on Privacy & Sharing section
3) scroll down to Connected Apps
4) and click to remove access next to Cloudbeds (Myallocator)
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myallocator - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Myallocator Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: https://www.airbnb.com/help
- Phone: +1-855-424-7262