The TripAdvisor setup must be completed successfully on both systems (myallocator and TripAdvisor). Here is how to verify if everything is set up properly.
Note: Shopping your property as a guest does not determine if Instant Booking is enabled.
- As a reminder, only 25% or 50% of your guests will ever see the Instant Booking option with TripAdvisor.
- 25% of guests will be shown the option if you chose a 12% commission.
- 50% of guests will be shown if you chose a 15% commission.
- Please note that Instant Booking is only available to guests with an IP address from certain countries.
- At this time those countries are United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
If everything is set up properly within myallocator, you should see the following screen on the TripAdvisor Setup page:
From the point of first receiving the message above, it will take 48 hours for TripAdvisor to recognize your property being activated.
- If you have already completed a registration on TripAdvisor your property should display within the ratio that you agreed with TripAdvisor on during registration (25% for 12% commission, or 50% for 15% commission).
- If you have not already completed a registration on TripAdvisor you will need to complete the registration on their website as well prior to your property appearing as available to book.
- Click on your desired property on the TripAdvisor page
- Click Products
- Click Instant Booking
- Click Settings
- Verify the status is Active. If the status is Active, everything is set up on both sides, and Instant Booking is working as expected
There are several different reasons why your status might not be active. Reasons and solutions are below:
If you have not setup Instant Booking on the TripAdvisor side, you will see a page similar to the one below:
Setup TripAdvisor Instant Booking: Click here to setup Instant Booking and skip to Step #7.
If you see this page, click "Activate Instant Booking".
You received the following message when checking your status.
- Wait 48 Hours. You must wait 48 hours after the initial setup is completed on both sides.
- If you are still seeing this message after 48 hours, please contact myallocator support team at email@example.com. We will have to engage TripAdvisor support to determine why Instant Booking is not working.