This article is for myallocator properties that want to activate TripConnect instant booking, meaning you are allowing TripAdvisor to take bookings for your property through their website. If you are looking to activate Cost Per Click, where TripAdvisor directs traffic to your website to complete the booking, please click here.
- Hostels are currently ineligible for instant booking
- The InstantBooking feature is only available to guests booking from USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and South Africa. If your guests book outside of these countries, your property will not display the Instant Booking option.
TripConnect instant booking is an easy-to-activate new channel, but it works slightly differently than other channels. TripAdvisor uses all settings in myallocator to update your information on TripAdvisor's website. This means you need to double check all of your settings and property information in myallocator for accuracy, but it also means NO ROOM MAPPING and no settings mismatch headaches. For more information on TripConnect instant booking, click here.
Step 1. If you do not have an account yet with Tripadvisor Instantbooking, click here to setup your property with them first:
Step 2: Verify Property Information
2. General Settings.
3. Make sure your Address, phone number, and tax percentage are up to date.
NOTE: The Tax Rate entered on this screen MUST MATCH the Tax Rate entered in Step # 7.9!
TripAdvisor uses this information when displaying your property and calculating a total for a guest at check out.
Step 3: Credit Card Password
Next, verify that you have a credit card password set to receive payments. If you need help setting up your credit card password, click here.
Step 4: Room Setup
The last item to verify in your myallocator configuration is the Room Setup screen.
Pictures of each room type are required for Trip-Connect instant booking.
New Photos can be uploaded by clicking the "Choose File" button, selecting a picture from your computer, and clicking "Update."
Step 5: Activate Instant Booking in Channel Setup
- Click Manage
- Add Channel
- TA Instant Booking
- NOTE: If you have not correctly set up the information in Steps 1-3, you will be warned when you try to enable instant booking from Channel Set Up.
- If you are missing any information, just click the "Resolve" link, and you will be directed to the appropriate screen to enter the missing information.
- Once all property information is entered, this section will change to look like this, and you are ready to continue.
- Select On to enable TripAdvisor InstantBookings
- Continue down the form, enter your general preferences and TripAdvisor ID.
- Pay special attention to the Refund choices, as they must be consistent with your policy text later.
- Set your Cancellation choice and make sure it matches your policy text later.
- Continue down and enter your rate adjustment, as you would for any other channel.
- Next, fill in your policy text.
- NOTE: It is very important that the text you put in these boxes does not contradict the policy selected in the first section. Having a refund (1) or cancellation policy (2) that doesn't match your earlier selection will cause confusion for potential guests and create discrepancies in bookings.
- After filling in your policies, double check to make sure everything looks good before clicking "Save."
Step 6: Wait 48 hours
Important: You must wait 48 hours before proceeding to step # 6.
Step 7: Choose "Cloudbeds' myallocator" as your Connectivity Partner
- Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/instantbooking
- Click on "Check Your Eligibility"
- Sign In
- Select the property you want to setup
- Under Connectivity Partner, choose "Cloudbeds' Myallocator"
- Click Get Started
- Verify your property and click Correct
- Verify the dates, rates and rooms and click Correct.
- Read through the Tax options very carefully, and select the proper option based on your rates and taxes.
- NOTE: The Tax Rate entered here must match the option set in myallocator on Step # 1.3!
- Congratulations! TripAdvisor Instantbooking is now setup and ready to use.
Step 8: Wait another 24 hours
Within the next 24 hours, travelers will be able to instgantly book rooms at your property on TripAdvisor.
When active, your InstantBooking option will display a "Book Now" button, and guests will be presented with the option of paying for the booking directly within TripAdvisor, as shown below.
Step 9: Explore the Dashboard
Explore the Dashboard to learn how you can track your instant booking performance.
- Click Explore Dashboard
- The Dashboard page will show you a snapshot of your performance.
- Click Booking Activity Report for a more detailed report of your booking history.
- Click Transaction Report to obtain details regarding the financial transactions you have received.
- Click on Performance to analyze your property in the following areas:
- Button Impressions
- Pricing Comparison
- Availability Comparison
- Search Trends
- Cancellation Rate
Step 10: How guests book with Tripadvisor Instantbooking
In order for a guest to be presented with the Instant Booking option with Tripadivsor, they must meet the following requirements:
- Place the booking from within the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
- Only 25% to 50% of the guests will be presented with the Instant Booking option, depending on the commission model you selected with Tripadvisor. To find out which ratio your property will receive you will need to contact your Trip Advisor representative.
What guests see
When a guest is presented with the Tripadvisor InstantBooking option, they will see a "View Deal" box that lists tripadvisor as the channel, as shown below
Once they select tripadvisor as the booking source, they will be presented with the booking options for each room, as shown below.
From there, the guest will complete the booking process directly on Tripadvisor.com as shown below.
Step 11: Verifying if Tripadvisor Instant Booking is setup properly
Shopping your property as a guest does not determine if Instant Booking is enabled.
- As a reminder, only 25% or 50% of your guests will ever see the Instant Booking option with TripAdvisor. Â
- 25% of guests will be shown the option if you chose a 12% commission. Â
- 50% of guests will be shown if you chose 15% commission.
- Please note that Instant Booking is only available to guests with an IP address from certain countries.
- At this time those countries are the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
To verify Instant Booking is setup properly, please consult this article: How to verify if Tripadvisor Instant Booking is setup properly
If you experience issues after setup, please consult the suggestions below.