With the help of Change Log tool, you can research the following: availability changes, rate updates, overbooking causes and other changes related to reservations.
This tool will also help you to determine the following:
- Who (or what system) made the change
- When the change was made
- The value of the change
- Where the change was made from (IP Address)
- Whether or not the channel affected needs to be engaged for research
How to access and use Change Log?
- Follow the steps below:
- Access Availability page
- click on Change Log
Then chose the needed parameters for your investigation:
- Choose the date on which the change you are looking for was made
- select the channel
- and the room you are researching
- click SHOW
How to read the Change log?
We can see that there was a zero availability received for the day of August 13 for Double Ensuite from Booking.com on Jun 21:
To see why the availability became zero for this day we need to go lower on the log and check the changes which happened earlier:
- On May 25th the User set the availability as 1. Also, see below all the other parameters set for August 13 Double Ensuite.
- Then we can see to which room Double Ensuite is mapped on Booking.com
- On June 10th the Full Refresh with all the data listed below was sent to Booking.com
- Reservation was received from Booking.com - you can click on the reservation number to see the reservation details.
- Myallocator has made an automatic adjustment to the availability from 1 -> to 0 due to the reservation received.