Setting Up Wix to work with Dorms
In this article, we will show you all of the steps required to manage Dorm Rooms/Beds in your Wix PMS.
Note: this configuration requires specific steps that will impact how you map the Dorm Rooms to all of your channels. Please use extra caution when setting up Dorms between Wix and myallocator.
Step 1: Dorm Configuration in Wix
When setting up Dorms in Wix, you must enter each Dorm Bed as a separate "Room" in Wix. Here is how:
- Login to wix.com
- Select Wix Hotels in the left menu
- Choose Rooms
- Create New
- Enter a helpful name, such as "2 Bed Dorm - Bed #1" for your first bed
- Choose 1 under Units
- Choose 1 under Max Guests (remember, this is just a single Bed in that dorm)
- Choose Single Bed and 1 (again, this is just a single Bed listing)
- Enter your Rates
- Make sure you select "Charge Per Room"
- Click Save
- Repeat Steps 4 through 10 above for each of your other Beds
- 2 Bed Dorm - Bed 2
- 4 Bed Dorm - Bed 1
- 4 Bed Dorm - Bed 2
- 4 Bed Dorm - Bed 3
- 4 Bed Dorm - Bed 4
- And So On
Step 2: Sync with myallocator
IMPORTANT: You must start with a new Room setup when syncing Wix dorms with myallocator.
If you have already setup your Dorm Rooms in myallocator, please disable and then Delete those Dorm rooms before following the steps below. If you need help disabling and deleting those rooms, see this article here: How to delete (disable) a Room or Room Type
- Click on Reservations
- Sync with Other Calendar drop-down
- Choose Manage Channel Manager
- If prompted, enter your myallocator username and password
- On the right-hand side, select the drop-down arrow
- Choose the (NEW) option to create the Room (Bed) in myallocator as a new Room.
- Repeat Step 5 for each of the Dorm Beds that you created
- Click Update
Step 3: Verify Room Setup in myallocator
- While logged into myallocator, click Manage
- Click Room Types
- Review the Room Types that have been created in myallocator for accuracy
- Remember - each single Dorm Bed must be created as an entire "Room" in Wix. The resulting setup will look similar to the setup below, meaning each Bed will appear as a single "Room" in myallocator
Step 4: Verify Availability and Rates in myallocator
- Click Availability
- Review each of the Dorm Beds listed to verify that the Availability and Rates are correct.
- In this case, I have a 2 Bed Dorm room. Both beds (Bed 1 and Bed 2) are listed here, each with an Availability of 1. This is correct, since there are two beds in my dorm room, and both beds have 1 Availability on this page
Step 5: Mapping the Dorm Beds to your Channels
In this crucial step, you must map each of the Dorm "Beds" that you just setup to the correct Channel Room. This configuration is different than most, because you will be mapping mutliple "Beds" to a single Channel Room. In this case, myallocator sums (adds) the Availability of each bed together, and sends it to the channel, thereby telling the channel how many beds you have in the Dorm Room.
- Click Manage
- Click Channels
- Select the channel you want to map
- On the left side, you see the Rooms (Beds) that were created in myallocator
- On the Right side, you see the Rooms that have been setup in your Channel
- Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the proper Room for this Dorm Bed
- Select the same Channel Room for each of your Dorm Beds that belong to this Dorm Room
- In this case, I am assigning both of my "2 Bed Dorm" beds to the same "Mixed Dormitory - Single Bed" Dorm Room on Laterooms
- Click Next
- You will see this warning box. Normally, this is setup is not recommended, however for Dorm Rooms, this setup is acceptable. Click OK
- Complete the rest of the Channel Setup
- Repeat Steps 1 through 9 for each Channel where you sell these Dorms
Step 6: Send a Full Refresh
- Click Availability
- Full Refresh
- Start Refresh
Step 7: Login to Channel Extranets to confirm Availability and Rates
- Login to your channel extranet page
- Navigate to your Calendar view in that channel
- Verify the information to ensure accuracy
- Under Allocation, I see Availability = 2 for my 2 Bed Dorm, which matches the room type and expected Availability (2 beds are available in this Dorm Room).