How to account for future bookings placed prior to connecting with myallocator
In this article, we will discuss how to account for your future bookings that have been placed on your OTA's prior to connecting with myallocator.
Myallocator is not able to import bookings from your OTA (channel) accounts. Most of the OTA's don't provide this feature anyway.
Accounting for the bookings
Since we are unable to import bookings from the channels, you will have to account for future bookings by reducing your Availability counts for each room and night that are already booked.
Let's use this example to show you how:
- Room: Queen
- Room count: 1
- Future booking exists for this room on June 1, 2016.
To account for this booking, follow these steps:
- Use the Set Long Term option to set your Availability to 1 for all future dates (Setting Rates & Availability)
- After the normal Availability has been set, go directly to the date of June 1, 2016
- Change the Availability count from 1 to 0.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for all future bookings that you have received from your OTA channels.
- Click Save
Once you have completed the steps above, all of your Availability counts for future dates should be correct, and myallocator will update all of your channels with the correct inventory.