TripConnect Cost Per Click (CPC) by TripAdvisor allows your property to be displayed to travelers in TripAdvisor PriceFinder search area and directs them to your official website (booking engine) when they click at your property's listing. TripAdvisor charges a "cost per click" fee whenever this link is clicked by the customer.
In order to connect myallocator to TripAdvisor's CPC campaign, please follow the steps below.
- If you want to setup TripAdvisor's Instant Booking, check this article instead: How to connect TripAdvisor Instant Booking to myallocator
- TripAdvisor's CPC has an additional product, Sponsor Placements, that can be sync with the booking engine to maximize direct bookings. Check this guide to connect it on TripAdvisor's extranet.
Note: If you are not eligible, please contact TripAdvisor directly, as myallocator is unable to change your eligibility for TripAdvisor's TripConnect.
In the option 'Select Your Connectivity Partner', search for "Myallocator.com" and click 'Confirm'.
TripAdvisor will display the confirmation below. Their message will indicate that your property is not included in their inventory yet.
Follow the next steps in myallocator to complete the connection.
BookNow is how TripAdvisor pulls your inventory from our Database - it must be enabled for TripAdvisor's Cost Per Click campaign to find your property.
- Click 'Manage'
- Select 'BookNow'
- Go to Setup
- Enable = On
- Scroll down to the bottom and click 'SAVE'
- Once you have completed steps 1 through 8 above, the property information will be sent over to TripAdvisor integration for the CPC campaign.
- The integration takes 48 hours to complete on TripAdvisor's side.
- After 48 hours, your property listing should be available to customers when booking online, and they will be presented with the option to book directly on your property's website.
In some cases, there may be an integration issue that prevents your property from being listed on the Cost Per Click Campaign.
If your property does not show up after 48 hours, please create a ticket with the following information:
- Your property name
- Your myallocator username
- Your TripAdvisor Property ID
- What date you updated the 'General Details' in myallocator
We will then escalate the problem directly to TripAdvisor on your behalf.
Note: TripConnect downloads a list from us once a day with all properties that have BookNow enabled. They then use the details we transmit to them to match their own list of properties. If the details do not match, that could be the cause of the property not being listed.