This article is for myallocator properties that want to activate TripAdvisor Instant Booking, meaning you are allowing TripAdvisor to take bookings for your property through their website. If you are looking to activate Cost Per Click, where TripAdvisor directs traffic to your website to complete the booking, please click here.
- Hostels are currently ineligible for Instant Booking
- The Instant Booking feature is only available to guests placing the booking from the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa. If your guests book outside of these countries, your property will not display the Instant Booking option.
TripAdvisor Instant Booking is an easy-to-activate channel, but it works slightly differently than other channels. TripAdvisor uses all settings in myallocator to update your information on TripAdvisor's website. This means you need to double-check all of your settings and property information in myallocator for accuracy, but it also means NO ROOM MAPPING and no settings mismatch headaches. For more information on TripAdvisor Instant Booking, click here.
- Go to Channels
- Click 'ADD CHANNEL'
- Search and select TripAdvisor Instant Booking 'Not Setup'
- You will receive a warning as shown below if there is any missing information. Select 'Click to resolve' and you will be directed to the appropriate screen to enter the information required.
- Once all property information is entered, you will receive the message in green below and may continue.
- Select 'On' to enable TripAdvisor Instant Bookings
- Enter your TripAdvisor ID
- Pay attention to the option 'Taxes', tick the box if the taxes are excluded from room rates.
- Set your 'Cancellation Policy' and make sure it matches your policy text later.
- Enter your Base Rate Adjustment (if desired). Please click here to learn more about Base Rate Adjustment.
- Fill in your Policies
Note: It is imperative that the text you put in these boxes does not contradict the policy selected previously. Having a cancellation policy that doesn't match your earlier selection will cause confusion for potential guests and create discrepancies in bookings.
- After filling in your policies, double-check to make sure all the information entered is correct before clicking 'SAVE'.
Important: You must wait 48 hours before proceeding to step 7.
- Go to https://www.tripadvisor.com/InstantBooking
- Click on "Check Your Eligibility"
- Sign In
- Select the property you want to set up
- Under Connectivity Partner, choose "Cloudbeds' Myallocator"
- Click 'Get Started'
- Verify your property and click 'Correct'
- Verify the dates, rates and rooms and click 'Correct'
Note: If this information does not match, please make sure you have waited 48 hours as mentioned in Step 6. If you have waited 48 hours and the information still does not match, please contact myallocator support at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket at myallocator.cloudbeds.com.
- Read through the Tax options very carefully, and select the proper option based on your rates and taxes
- Click 'Continue'
- Congratulations! TripAdvisor Instant Booking is now set up.
Shopping your property as a guest does not determine if Instant Booking is enabled.
- As a reminder, only 25% or 50% of your guests will ever see the Instant Booking option with TripAdvisor:
- 25% of guests will be shown the option if you chose a 12% commission.
- 50% of guests will be shown if you chose 15% commission.
- Please note that Instant Booking is only available to guests with an IP address from certain countries:
- At this time those countries are the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa.
To verify Instant Booking is set up properly, please consult this article: How to verify if TripAdvisor Instant Booking is set up properly
In order for a guest to be presented with TripAdvisor Instant Booking, they must meet the following requirements:
- Located in countries: USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa.
- Only 25% to 50% of the guests will be presented with the Instant Booking option, depending on the commission model you selected with TripAdvisor. To find out which ratio your property will receive you will need to contact your TripAdvisor representative.
What guests see
When a guest is presented with the TripAdvisor Instant Booking option, they will see a "View Deal" box that lists TripAdvisor as the channel, as shown below:
Once they select TripAdvisor as the booking source, they will be presented with the booking options for each room:
The guest will complete the booking process directly on tripadvisor.com and see the following:
Explore the Dashboard to learn how you can track your Instant Booking performance.
- Click 'Explore Dashboard'
- The Dashboard page will show you a snapshot of your performance
- Click 'Booking Activity Report' for a more detailed report of your booking history.
- Click 'Transaction Report' to obtain details regarding the financial transactions you have received.
- Click on 'Performance' to analyse your property in the following areas:
- Button Impressions
- Pricing Comparison
- Availability Comparison
- Search Trends
- Cancellation Rate