The article describes the possible errors which you may receive during Airbnb API connection to myallocator and their solutions.
If you need assistance in resolving the error - please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISSUE: If the listing was set to status 'Unlisted' before the connection with myallocator - it will remain in this status after the connection. You also can't change the status of the room directly in Airbnb because the room is synced with myallocator.
1) Stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator
2) In Airbnb change the listing status to 'Listed'
3) Sync the rooms again (please, check the Connection Guide)
ISSUE: After connection is done you notice that nightly base price is not correct on Airbnb and is also greyed out so you can't edit it.
1) Go to Airbnb API mapping page and click on 'Update' button for the listing with incorrect nightly base price
2) Click 'Import settings from Airbnb (API) extranet'
3) Scroll down to 'Price Settings' section and input the correct amount in the 'Listing Base Nightly Price' field
4) Click 'Save and Sync'
5) Click the 'Next' button until you see the message "You are done!"
ISSUE: During full refresh the system responds with an error "myallocator request sent to airbnb via api hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Your daily price is too low/high. The minimum/maximum is ...]".
It means that the rate you're trying to send to Airbnb listing from myallocator is out of limitation set in Airbnb for minimal/maximal daily rate.
1) Reach out to Airbnb Support team to assist you with changing the min/max daily rate or change your base rates in myallocator so that they meet your Airbnb rate limitations.
2) Make sure that the currencies are matched between myallocator and Airbnb. If you use different currencies in both systems - you can convert the currency you use in myallocator to the currency you use in Airbnb.
- To check the currency you use in Airbnb, go to your Airbnb account >Host > Manage Listing > select your listing which will open a new page > Price Setting (top right hand corner) > Base Price > Currency
- You can select the currency for Airbnb API on 'Currency' page in myallocator
ISSUE: "We are very sorry but a software error has occurred. Please email us at email@example.com to notify us of any steps you might have taken which reached this screen"
SOLUTION: In most cases this issue may occur because of technical problems in the system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to investigate and fix the issue.
ISSUE: "Failed: Myallocator request sent to AirBnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Invalid value: available_count. This listing's property type does not support multiple inventories"]
SOLUTION: The error occurs if the property type on Airbnb is set to "House".
Change the property type to any other type:
Th reservations can be automatically declined on Airbnb if the maximum number of guests for a listing doesn't match between myallocator and Airbnb.
For example, max number of guests is set to 5 - on Airbnb, 3 - in myallocator; the reservation is made for 4 guests. Airbnb will allow to make this reservation but it will mark it as 'declined' in few seconds. That happens because after reservation is made Airbnb sends us request to check availability, and while booking was made for more guests than what myallocator allows - the reservation gets declined.
SOLUTION: Match the number of max guests on Airbnb and myallocator for all mapped listings
ISSUE: API Communication Error (also from backlog Customer Support can see the code of the error - "403")
1) The reason why you may receive this error is because the user who is requesting the authorization of Airbnb + myallocator - is not the Airbnb listing owner (your user may be co-owner). The only user who is allowed to manage the listing to establish the connection is the main Airbnb owner.
2) Another reason of the error is that the Airbnb user (who is trying to authorize Airbnb to sync with myallocator) has a flag on his profile. That means that the user must log in to their Airbnb account and follow the process to review the listing standards.
This error indicates that the taxes that are listed on the room configuration step of the mapping process are not allowed by Airbnb. Please reach out to Airbnb at https://www.airbnb.com/help to request their assistance on this issue. For more details on how taxes work on Airbnb, please visit: How do taxes work for hosts?
ISSUE: When sending a full refresh you encounter the following error:
This problem happens when Cloudbeds/Myallocator App has been disconnected from the Airbnb extranet or your Airbnb account password has been reset.
SOLUTION: The connection between myallocator and Airbnb API needs to be reset. Please check the following solutions for each scenario:
Make sure to log out from any Airbnb account on your browser as the system may connect to that account automatically
1) Cloudbeds/Myallocator App is disconnected from Airbnb extranet
Go to Airbnb API channel mapping in myallocator > click on the 'Reauthorize" link (1) > a window will pop up for you to reconnect Airbnb to Cloudbeds/MyAllocator > select "I agree to the Airbnb Additional Terms of Service" (2) > click Allow (3)
2) Airbnb account password is reset
Go to Airbnb API channel mapping in myallocator
- click on the 'Reauthorize" link
- On the pop up window, click on the Airbnb logo and then log out
- Click on the Airbnb logo once again and then log in
- Enter your Airbnb login details with the new password
If the issue persists, please reach out to our Support team at email@example.com.