The article describes the possible errors which you may receive during Airbnb API connection to myallocator and their solutions.
If you need assistance in resolving the error - please contact our Support team at email@example.com
ERROR: The listing description is too short. The minimum is 50 characters. Please go to Airbnb to fix these issues
SOLUTION: To fix this, you will need to add a proper description on the channel for a listing. To do this login to your Airbnb account, open the listing page and click on "Edit title and description".
ERROR: The listing has less than 3 high quality photos. High quality photos should be at least 800 pixels in width, 500 pixels at height. Please go to Airbnb to fix these issues
SOLUTION: To fix this you will need to login to your Airbnb account and upload at least 3 high quality pictures (at least 800px width x 500px height)
ERROR: FAULT.OTA.VALIDATION.AIRAPI MyAllocator request sent to AirBnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details: [The listing cannot be connected due to the following reasons: The listing does not have enough photos. The minimum is 7 photos. Please go to Airbnb to fix these issues.]
SOLUTION: Provide at least 7 photos for each listing and 3 high-quality photos (800px by 500px)
ISSUE: after connection is done the room is unlisted on Airbnb and its status in Airbnb is "unlisted". You also can't change the status of the room directly in Airbnb because the room is synced with myfrontdesk.
SOLUTION: you need to
1) stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk
2) in Airbnb change the listing status to 'Listed'
3) sync the rooms again (please, check the Connection Guide)
ISSUE: after connection is done you notice that nightly base price is not correct on Airbnb and is also greyed out so you can't edit it.
SOLUTION: you will need to
1) stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk,
2) edit the nightly base price and make sure it's correct for all the rooms you are going to map,
3) re-sync the channel listing and myfrontdesk (please, check the Connection Guide)
ISSUE: You may receive a message from Airbnb telling that "each listing is required to have at least 5 or more amenities"
SOLUTION: To fix this you will need to login to Airbnb and check more amenities from the list for the specific listing
ISSUE: On the room mapping page you can see the icon of looking glass next to the room type
SOLUTION: the error means that your listing is under review by Airbnb team.
- the property types which are currently subject to manual review are bnb, boutique_hotel, hostel, lodge, timeshare, minsu, casa_particular, pension, pousada, ryokan, heritage_hotel, and serviced_apartment
- It takes up to 48 hours for Airbnb team to review your listing
- If the listing is under review for a longer than 48hrs - please email Cloudbeds team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist with further steps.
ISSUE: during full refresh the system responds with an error "myallocator request sent to airbnb via api hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Your daily price is too low/high. The minimum/maximum is ...]".
It means that the rate you're trying to send to Airbnb listing from myallocator is out of limitation set in Airbnb for minimal/maximal daily rate.
SOLUTION: 1) reach out to Airbnb Support team to assist you with changing the min/max daily rate or change your base rates in myallocator so that they meet your Airbnb rate limitations.
2) make sure that the currencies are matching between myallocator and Airbnb. If you use different currencies in both systems - you can convert the currency you use in myfrontdesk to the currency you use in Airbnb.
- to check the currency you use in Airbnb, go to your Airbnb account >Host > Manage Listing > Select your listing which will open a new page > Price Setting (top right hand corner) > Base Price > Currency
- you can select the currency for Airbnb API on 'Currency' page in myallocator
ISSUE: "we are very sorry but a software error has occurred. Please email us at email@example.com to notify us of any steps you might have taken which reached this screen"
SOLUTION: in most cases this issue may occur because of technical problems in the system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to investigate and fix the issue.
ISSUE: "Failed: Myallocator request sent to AirBnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Invalid value: available_count. This listing's property type does not support multiple inventories"]
SOLUTION: the error occurs if the property type on Airbnb is set to "House".
You need to change it to any other type:
Th reservations can be automatically declined on Airbnb if the maximum number of guests for a listing doesn't match between myallocator and Airbnb.
For example, max number of guests is set to 5 - on Airbnb, 3 - in myallocator; the reservation is made for 4 guests. Airbnb will allow to make this reservation but it will mark it as 'declined' in few seconds. That happens because after reservation is made Airbnb sends us request to check availability, and while booking was made for more guests than myallocator allows - reservations becomes declined.
SOLUTION: match the number of max guests on Airbnb and myallocator for all mapped listings
ISSUE: API Communication Error (also from backlog Customer Support can see the code of the error - "403")
1) The reason why user may receive this error is because the user that you are making the Airbnb + myallocator authorization request from - is not the Airbnb listing owner (the user may be co-owner). To establish connection the user is only allowed to manage the listing by the main Airbnb owner.
2) Another reason of the error is that the Airbnb user (who is trying to authorize Airbnb to sync with myallocator) has a flag on his profile. That means that the user must login into their Airbnb account and follow the process to review the listing standards