We are glad to announce the Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myallocator and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Note: Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via the API connection due to how pricing works when using a management system. The Airbnb Smart Pricing is an algorithm that attempts to modulate the price during busy and slow seasons to maximize revenue while also keeping prices attractive for customers.
When connected to a system like myallocator, that pricing methodology is no longer applicable because we are setting all of the pricing.
Make sure that:
- Your listing(s) status is "Listed" on the Airbnb extranet (the sync will not work if the listing is not active/listed on Airbnb).
- The room configurations (room occupancy & room type) in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- The currency settings in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- The default property time zone in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- You are not connected to another Channel Manager. If you are, go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access.
For additional information or if you run into problems, please refer to: Airbnb API and Minimum Requirements and FAQ
- Click on 'Channels' tab
- Then, click on 'Add Channel' and search for Airbnb API
- Click on 'Not Setup' to start the mapping process
Authorize myallocator to manage your Airbnb listings
4. Click on Next to proceed
5. Enter Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials). If you still see an error - please log out from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again.
6. Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myallocator clicking 'Allow'
- Make sure that the currency which is set in myallocator for AirBnb channel and the currency for each listing on the Airbnb extranet are the same, Otherwise there will be an error in the connection and we won't be able to update the pricing on the channel.
- Make sure that your default property time zone on myallocator and Airbnb extranet are the same
Airbnb API mapping process is very much alike the mapping process for the common channels like Booking.com or Expedia. You will need to:
1) link each of your myallocator room types with the corresponding Airbnb listings.
2) click 'Update' in order to configure your listing details for each of your listing (for more details on this, please refer to 'Step 3: Set Up/Edit Room Configuration Details')
The mapping process may differ depending on the room setup that you have on Airbnb (individual listings, room types, dorms). See the mapping guide for different scenarios below.
If you manage multiple properties under the same myallocator login, you will see the warning message below, you can ignore it and move forward.
If you have one myallocator room type with several units and 1 listing on Airbnb - you can simply map it with the corresponding myallocator room type.
But if you sell room types in myallocator and several individual listings in Airbnb each corresponding to a specific unit - you will need to do the following:
In myallocator, you have Deluxe Studio (room type) with 5 units: Studio 1, Studio 2...
On Airbnb you have 5 separate listings and these rooms have the same settings and description: Studio 1, Studio 2, Studio 3...
On room mapping step you will be able to map only 1 listing to your room type, so how can this be done?
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and keep only 1 listing of the same type in status 'Listed' (all the rest of the listings of this type should be 'Unlisted')
2) in myallocator room mapping page, link the room type to the listing with 'listed' status on Airbnb:
3) after a Full Refresh, myallocator will send the rates and availability to the mapped listing.
If myallocator room type will have availability (no matter how many rooms) > the listing will be bookable on Airbnb
If myallocator room type will have no availability > the listing will not be bookable on Airbnb
If you receive an error during the mapping steps - please consult this article: Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection
If you can't resolve the error - please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
After you click on the 'Update' button, you will be directed to the following page with two options. The options are:
1) Import settings from Airbnb extranet (recommended): if you have previously set discounts, pricing rules, availability rules, taxes/fees on the Airbnb extranet, you can quickly import these settings by selecting this option.
2) Use settings in this system: please select this option if you wish to overwrite your Airbnb extranet settings with new values from myallocator.
Once you've clicked on your preferred option above, you will be redirected to 'Room Export' page.
1. Availability Rules
- Advance Notice: The settings in this section are Airbnb default settings. Now that you are connected to Airbnb via myallocator, availability is now controlled by the values entered in our system's calendar.
- Guests can book: since your availability is now controlled by myallocator, guests can book any time your listing has availability on you calendar.
- Availability Window: Since your availability is controlled by myallocator calendar, any dates that do not have availability on the calendar will be unbookable by default. Dates that have availability on the calendar will be bookable.
- Minimum Length of Stay (in nights): the minimum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Min LOS'settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Days of week allowed for Check In: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Arrival' settings inside myallocator.
- Preparation Time: this is not available at this time.
- Maximum Length of Stay (in nights): the maximum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Max LOS' settings and will default to no maximum.
- Days of week allowed for Check Out: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Departure' settings inside myallocator.
- Minimum stay by day of week: the minimum length of stay is controlled by myallocator 'Min LOS' settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
If you would like to set up booking cut-off time, please refer to this article.
- Once the cut-off time is set, it might take until the next day for the adjustment to take place. For example, if you updated your cut-off configuration to not allow same-day bookings, this will become effective the next day.
- This cut-off time applies to all your connected OTA's.
Configurations that are not controlled by our system after the connection will have the 'Edit' button clickable. Therefore, please manage them directly on Airbnb extranet.
For example, to manage your check-in and check-out windows, please perform the following steps:
1) Go to your listing and click 'Booking Settings"
2) Scroll down to the 'Policies' section and click the 'Edit' button
3) Set up your check-in window preference
4) Set up your check-out window preference
5) Click 'Save'
2. Price Settings
- Listing Currency: the currency chosen here must match the currency you want your rates to be sent in
- Listing Base Nightly Price: rates are controlled by myallocator calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered in myallocator will default to this rate.
- Weekend Pricing: rates (including weekends) are controlled by myallocator calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered will default to this rate.
Length of Stay Discounts
- Weekly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the weekly rate based on this discount if your guest selects 7 or more nights.
- Monthly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the monthly rate based on this discount if your guest selects an entire month.
Extra Guest Pricing
- Number of Guests included in price: please input how many guests are included in the price.
- Extra person fee (per night): please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Security Deposit: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Cleaning Fee: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Other Fees: for each of the listed fees, you can input either a percentage or a fixed amount.
3. Pass Through Taxes
- Tax Type: your options include "hotel tax", "lodging tax", "room tax", "sales occupancy tax", "tourism assessment fee", "tourist tax", "transient occupancy tax", and "VAT GST".
- Amount Type: your options include "flat per guest", "flat per guest per night", and "percent per reservation".
- Business Tax ID: your tax ID is a unique number relating directly to your business.
- Registration ID: this is your accommodations tax registration number, which is the unique number you were assigned by your local taxing jurisdiction.
- Amount: please input your tax amount.
- Long Term Stay Exemption:
- "A booking may be eligible for a long-term stay exemption if it meets certain qualifications. What qualifies as a long-term stay depends on the jurisdiction the listing is in. For example:
- Jurisdiction X - a booking greater than 30 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Y - a booking greater than 45 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Z - for bookings greater than 30 days, taxes only apply to the first 30 days
- Check with your local tax authority to find out more information on your jurisdiction’s long-term stay exemption." - How do I add custom taxes to my listings?
- Confirmation: if you have any taxes listed, you will need to click on the confirmation box before you click 'Save and Sync'.
These taxes will not be applied to the rates myallocator sends to Airbnb. Airbnb will take these values and apply them to the bookings as they come in.
Example: Suppose your room rate (on your availability page) is $100.00 and you have configured a 10% tax. Myallocator sends rate of $100 to Airbnb. Airbnb shows rate of $100.00 to your guests. Once a guest books, Airbnb automatically adds $10.00 (the 10% tax) to the booking total, and sends both values ($100.00 for room revenue and $10.00 for taxes) to myallocator.
If Airbnb pays taxes on your behalf:
- the taxes are automatically configured inside Airbnb extranet, therefore, you do not need to set up these taxes inside our room mapping
- Airbnb will send the total expected payout (the amount they will pay you) to our system, therefore, these taxes will not be included in your rate breakdown.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb taxes, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
4. Pricing Rules & Discounts
- Rule Type: your options include "booking ahead" (minimum days ahead), "last-minute booking" (maximum days ahead), "long term stay" (nights), and "seasonal".
- Price Change: please input your discount amount.
- Price Change Type: your options are "percent" or "absolute."
- Days/Nights Threshold: please input the number of days/nights threshold for the discount you're adding.
- For Check-In Dates: please input the date range for the discount you're adding.
Airbnb only accepts one discount value for any specific date. Therefore, if you have multiple discounts set up, myallocator will apply the discount that results in the highest price. Please note that percent-based discounts will override fixed amount discounts.
Example 1: room rate is $100, available discounts are: 30% discount and $25 off discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- $25 discount results in a new room rate of $75
However, since percent-based discounts overrides fixed amount discounts, myallocator will send the rate of $70 to Airbnb (even though the fixed amount discount results in a higher room rate).
Example 2: room rate is $100, available discounts are: 30% discount and 20% discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- 20% discount results in a new room rate of $80
In this case, myallocator will send the rate of $80 to Airbnb (since it's the higher rate).
5. Click on 'Save and Sync'
6) Click 'Next' once all the listings are mapped and updated.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
Here you can enter a discount or an increase of your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter "- 5%" for each room.
If you want to send 11% higher rates - you would enter +11%.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
This is the last screen of mapping process: here you can see all the features supported in connection between myallocator and Airbnb API.
Keep the box on this screen checked - this will send full refresh to all rooms mapped with Airbnb
You can also send Full Refresh on the 'Calendar' page by clicking 'Full Refresh' button:
On Channels page, you will see Airbnb (API) channel status is 'Setup Completed':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myallocator will not override your pictures, descriptions - myallocator updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myallocator, make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
1) log in to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
2) open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
3) on new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
4) select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myallocator for the selected room type (listing)
If you have Airbnb iCal connection active - you need to disable it.
1) go to Channels
2) go to Airbnb (iCal)
3) delete all the links
4) go back to the channel and remove the checkmark
If you face any errors during the connection - please refer to this article Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection or contact our Support team at email@example.com
Stop Listings sync only
There could be possible reasons why you'd like to stop sync between Airbnb listing and myallocator:
- information in Airbnb after sync is incorrect
- some settings are not editable
To stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myalocator:
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and select Host -> Listings tab
2) select the listing which you need to disconnect
3) click on "Edit Selected" -> Sync Settings
4) select "Disconnect" and Save.
5) go back to your listings and click on the disconnected one
6) scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Edit" in front of the listing status
7) Select "Unlist" -> then choose the reason -> Next ->Next
8) Click to "Unlist" and then go to the settings and make sure that the listing status is "Unlisted" now.
After that - please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to disconnect myallocator from Airbnb API on our side.
Note that both steps must be done (disconnect Airbnb API on our side and also on Airbnb extranet) - Stopping the connection on myallocator only, will not stop the sync with Airbnb.
Disconnect the whole account
If for some reason you need to disconnect the whole Airbnb API account, please follow the steps below.
After this process you should be able to edit everything at the extranet as normal without having to contact Airbnb support team.
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and click on "Account" tab
2) Click on Privacy & Sharing section
3) scroll down to Connected Apps
4) and click to remove access next to Cloudbeds (Myallocator)
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myallocator - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Myallocator Support Team: email@example.com
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: https://www.airbnb.com/help