We are glad to announce the Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myallocator and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via the API connection due to how pricing works when using a management system. The Airbnb Smart Pricing is an algorithm that attempts to modulate the price during busy and slow seasons to maximize revenue while also keeping prices attractive for customers.
When connected to a system like myallocatore, that pricing methodology is no longer applicable because we are setting all of the pricing.
Before Making the Connection
Make sure that:
- Your listing(s) status is "Listed" on the Airbnb extranet (the sync will not work if the listing is not active/listed on Airbnb).
- The room configurations (room occupancy & room type) in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- The currency settings in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- The default property time zone in myallocator and Airbnb match.
- You are not connected to another Channel Manager. If you are, go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access.
For more information on how to onboard to Airbnb, click here.
For additional information, please refer to Airbnb API and Minimum Requirements and FAQ
Airbnb API Connection Guide
Before start Airbnb mapping, be sure to be logged in the Listing Owner account in the extranet. All other users (such as, co-hosts and hosting team) will be unable to connect the channel to myallocator. If you have any doubts regarding your user, check this Airbnb article: What is a primary host?
- Click on 'Channels' tab
- Then, click on 'Add Channel' and search for Airbnb API
- Click on 'Not Setup' to start the mapping process
Authorize myallocator to manage your Airbnb listings
4. Click on Next to proceed
5. Enter Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials). If you still see an error - please log out from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again.
6. Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myallocator clicking 'Allow'
Airbnb API mapping process is very much alike the mapping process for the common channels like Booking.com or Expedia. You will need to:
1) link each of your myallocator room types with the corresponding Airbnb listings.
2) click 'Update' in order to configure your listing details for each of your listing (for more details on this, please refer to 'Step 3: Set Up/Edit Room Configuration Details')
The mapping should be one-to-one , do not link one room type with multiple listings or vice-versa.
The mapping process may differ depending on the room setup that you have on Airbnb (individual listings, room types, dorms). If you have doubts, check the mapping guide for your scenario below:
If you manage multiple properties under the same myallocator login, you will see the warning message below, you can ignore it and move forward.
If you receive an error during the mapping steps - please consult this article: Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection
If you can't resolve the error - please contact our support team
After you click on the 'Update' button, you will be directed to the following page with two options. The options are:
1) Import settings from Airbnb extranet (recommended): if you have previously set discounts, pricing rules, availability rules, taxes/fees on the Airbnb extranet, you can quickly import these settings by selecting this option.
2) Use settings in this system: please select this option if you wish to overwrite your Airbnb extranet settings with new values from myallocator.
You will be redirected to the Room Export page where you can edit the listing details or review them. If you need further details on each topic presented, check this article.
- Click on Save and Sync
- Click 'Next' once all the listings are mapped and with updated status.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
If needed, add a base rate adjustment in percentage or fixed amount in this page.
For more information on how rate adjustments work, check this article: Base Rate Adjustment or How to Send Different Rates to Channels
Once you finish mapping Airbnb API, it is very important to send a Full Refresh to your channels to force an update. Keep the following box checked and go to the Availability/Calendar page to send the full refresh:
You can also send Full Refresh on the 'Calendar' page by clicking 'Full Refresh' button:
Congratulations! The connection is complete.
- Double-check the accuracy of rates and availability sent to Airbnb by checking your Airbnb listing calendar and simulating a reservation as a guest.
- Disable the Airbnb iCal connection (if the iCal was previously connected) to avoid conflicting updates to your Airbnb account
In case you need more information about Airbnb API, visit our Airbnb API - Frequently Asked Questions page.
We are always here for you! If you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myallocator - reach out to our dedicated team:
Support Contact Details:
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myallocator - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Myallocator Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: https://www.airbnb.com/help