Now that you've set up your room types in myallocator, it's time to activate and map your channel connections.
As a reminder, this step will setup your active channel connections and connect them to myallocator.
If you are not setup with a particular channel yet, you will need to create and setup an account with them first.
1. Things to keep in mind:
- If you are not setup with a particular channel yet, you will need to create your account with them before you try to connect them to myallocator.
- We highly recommend having your complete rates and availability stored centrally in either myallocator or a document before connecting channels, as they can sometimes both be updated to "0" on your channel if you have not set rates and availability in myallocator yet.
- Need help connecting your channel? Check out the Channel Setup section of our knowledge base.
2. Log into myallocator by Cloudbeds
3. Click on Manage and then Channels
4. Click "Add Channel"
5. Select the channel that you want to setup
For example, Laterooms.
6. Follow the Setup instructions on the page
Many channels simply require a username and password as shown below.
Some channel setup steps are different (such as Booking.com, Expedia, Hostelworld, etc). In those cases, please see here: How to Setup all of your Channels
7. Map your rooms
Once connected to the channel account, myallocator will pull the rooms that you have already created on that channel. This allows you to map those rooms to the ones you already setup on myalloctor in Step 1: Setting up Rooms.
- Read our Room Mapping Guidelines for an overview on how mapping works and what methods we recommend. This is a must-read in order to get a good understanding of how to best synchronize your channels.
- Mapping the same channel room to different myallocator rooms is not recommended. There's a tool-tip that often appears to the right while channel mapping which goes into more detail about how our system will try and handle this to prevent overbookings. Despite this, you put yourself at a much higher risk of overbookings and scrambled reservations.
When you're finished mapping, click next.
8. If presented with a Rate Selection screen, choose the "Default" Rate Plan
Since myallocator can only control one Rate Plan, we always recommend that you select the "Default" or "Standard" Rate Plan on this screen. The Default Rate is always the first (top) rate presented.
Once chosen, we will control Rates for this rate plan only - any other Rate Plans must be setup to be derived from the Defualt Rate.
More information about Expedia Rate Plans can be found here: Rateplan Support - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates
8. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
If you would like more information about setting a Base Rate Adjustment, click here: Setting Base Rate Adjustments
- Note: If you need assistance in determining the values to enter for Net rates versus Sell rates for Tax purposes, please see this article: How should I handle taxes in myallocator?
If Presented, choose the Channel-Specific Options
Some channels will present various options, such as:
- Pricing Model
- Contract selection
If presented with Channel-Specific Options, make the appropriate selections.
If you need help with the specific options, please consult the channel-specific setup articles located here: How to connect (setup) your channels with myallocator
9. Channel Setup is Complete
On this screen you can also review the features supported by the channel connection.
10. On your channel summary page you’ll be able to see that setup for the channel has been completed successfully.
11. Save Changes and Refresh your Myallocator Account
Note: This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.
- Click to go to the "Availability" screen
- Click Save
- Select "Save to myallocator and all channels"
- Click Send to push the rates and availability you set in Step 2 to your newly connected channel.