Everyone wants a quick and easy setup experience, and preparing a little bit at the beginning will go a long way to making the setup process quick and easy.
1. List your property on all channel (OTA) accounts that you want to work with
Before myallocator can connect your property to the channels (OTA's) your property must be active (live) on the channel.
In other words, if you want to sell on Booking.com, Expedia, Hostelworld, etc. your property must already be setup with them and the property must be live (bookable) on their site.
Myallocator cannot set you up with a new channel account - you must first setup your property at each channel before connecting it to myallocator.
Here are some of the most popular channel sites and How to List your property on all channel (OTA) accounts that you want to work with
2. Are you using a PMS (Property Management System)?
If you use a PMS (such as Loventis, Bananadesk, Checkfront, Resnexus, myfrontdesk, Arawak, BnB Manager, Hostel Office, etc.) STOP! Before going any further, it's crucial that your read our Guide to Setting up myallocator to connect with your Property Management System (PMS)
If you don't have a PMS but would like one, please check our Partners page to see which PMS systems we integrate.
3. Are you switching from another Channel Manager?
When switching from one channel manager to another, the main thing is preparing to have your channel connections moved over. Each channel's connection process is unique, so it's best to prepare ahead of time and determine (from the channel) what the requirements are.
For example, Expedia allows you to update the channel manager almost instantly. However, other channels can take up to a week (or more) to make the switch.
If you are concerned about the switch over, contact myallocator support and list out each channel that you work with. We can help provide more guidance once we know which channels are connected.
4. Rates & Availability Preparation
Before myallocator can manage your channels, you must first load your Rates and Availability into our system.
If you are using a PMS, refer to Preparation Step 2 above.
If you are not using a PMS, you have two options:
Option 1: Pull your inventory (rates & availability) directly from Hostelworld. This is by far the easiest method to load your property's inventory into myallocator.
- If your property is not already listed with Hostelworld, you will have to use Option #2:
Option 2: Load your inventory (rates & availability) manually into our system.
- We will show you more details how to perform both options in the next steps in the Setup Guide.
- Since we cannot import Availability or Bookings from any other channels, be sure to Account for your future bookings when preparing your Availability counts